Home Non Cigar Related

Windows tablet

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Does anyone know anything about it? Used one? Wife is thinking about getting one, but i dont know about them.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RT or 8.1?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    No idea. Whats the difference?
    One God, One Truth
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their cheaper tablets run Win RT, which is a stripped down Win 8 version just for cheap tablets. Their more expensive combo tablets with keyboards run Win 8.1. I don't much care for either one. But then, I'm a linux guy, so... Maybe someone who has a win tablet will drop by. Bearswatter has win 8.1 on her new laptop. Totally sucks donkeydongs. Can't even set up her printer on it. I stuck linux mint on my 12 year old Toshiba laptop, it found her HP Photosmart printer and set up a driver all automagically without my even asking. Prints wirelessly no prob. Her new laptop not so. Went thru all sorts of gyrations downloaded drivers wasted hours and can't get her win8.1 to print. Now, I can plug it in with an old fashioned printer cable and voila. But wireless, not.

But I'm not a user. Better off to find someone who has figured one out.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    I am a windows guy and I hate all Windows based tablets. I have had a surface and a surface pro. They have both been sold. A small laptop is much better. The usability of a windows based tablet is bad at best. The only up side to the surface pro is you can install normal windows apps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I gave my daughter a free surface to use at College after her laptop died. She's been using it since X-mas and loves it. Whether or not it would be right for you depends on what you want to use it for and what features you're looking to have.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Save your money and get an ipad. You'll eventually get one anyway.

"Long ashes my friends."

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of Windows 8 nor am I a fan of Apple. If you're an android fan (and want a more functions than an iPad), get yourself a Samsung 8 tablet. Got it for my wife for Christmas and she can't put it down. She uses it more than her laptop now.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it all depends on what you will use it for. Basic internet searching or apps/games, you can really use any Apple/Android/Windows tablet. If you want to use it as a laptop for business use and typing, probably better off getting a laptop. I have a Nexus that I love. Android tablet under 200. I bought an iPad air for the wife and she loves it. Personally I don't think it is any better than my Nexus, but it is twice the cost.