Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I usually drink....

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
...Rum. And believe it or not I prefer Cruzan for any mixed drink. Use to drink Jack Daniels Black but my stomach has informed me not to anymore. I occasionally like a Dual Cask Single Malt but only if it is Glenmorangie.

I always have a bottle of each on hand and they will last me 6 months or better.

What one bottle do you guys always keep on hand?(It is so freakin hot today)

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Jager. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I think it tastes wayyyyyy better as a shot than Old Grandad, Jack etc etc.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Jager. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I think it tastes wayyyyyy better as a shot than Old Grandad, Jack etc etc.
    Forgive my ignorance Doc, but what is "Jager"?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    It's cough syrup....
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...until I pass out, throw up, or run out of money.

Kidding. I drink just about everything I'm equal quantities--beer, wine, rum, gin, bourbon, single malt...not a huge fan of vodka but it has it's place too.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda of like bourbon.I keep a bottle on hand lately its been the bullied bourbon. If I buy rum I pick up zaya if I can afford it.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Bigshizza:
    Rain:
    It's cough syrup....

Doc's orders.....

Ya know, the Mennonites make a similar elixir, but sans the alcohol of course.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Bigshizza:
    Rain:
    It's cough syrup....

Doc's orders.....

Ya know, the Mennonites make a similar elixir, but sans the alcohol of course.
    Stuff is great as engine oil in an emergency, but that's about all I'd pour it in.

I always like to have a bottle of Bushmills 16 on hand.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron Zacapa 23 rum (its a blend of rums from 6-23yr) Johnnie Blue Glenlivet 18 yr
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a well stocked liquor cabinet, which is a waste considering I barely drink anything but beer anymore. I always keep Crown Royal and either Sailor Jerry or Captain Morgan on hand. And some tequila in case margaritas are in order.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Gave up drinking for a buzz about 15 years ago, just an occasional sipper now. Crown Select or Chivas on the rocks, maybe a little water sometimes, just love the taste. That's all I have in the house now. Wife is a beer drinker, 1 a day after her workout or run.
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Mostly only a dark/amber beer drinker, but will sometimes have a 7&7 with Seagram's 7/VO, or a bloody marry with any random vodka (doesn't need to be a good vodka because of hot sauce/pepper I like in it)
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't say there is one bottle I must have. I try to have a nice vodka, scotch, bourbon, rye, and rum in stock at all times for various cocktails or just neat. Current lineup is Grey Goose, Glenlivet 15, Elmer T Lee, Angel's Envy Rye, and Zaya. The Zaya and Glenlivet are almost empty and I'll probably replace with other varieties. I like to mix it up a little :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately I have been on an IPA kick. I will throw some scotch down occasionally. I like the Balveine Double wood and the Glenfiddich 19yr. That stuff is amazing but at the price that is a once in a blue moon kind of thing.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With cigars? Bourbon Whiskey. Type: Gentleman Jack. Regular Jack. Woodford Reserve. W. L. Weller. Rebel Yell.
  • Options
    Fritz_the_CatFritz_the_Cat Posts: 27
    Jack Daniels Tito's More Jack Daniels
  • Options
    ArmyS1GuyArmyS1Guy Posts: 34
    I'm a Cruzan fan as well. Got on the bandwagon while stationed in Key West for three years. They heavily promote themselves down there. I also keep a bottle of the Kraken around.

The wife keeps a bottle of Crown on hand but brown liquor and I don't get along (or get along too well depending on who's telling the story).

A bottle of Jaeger sometimes too. More of a party thing though.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Can't say there is one bottle I must have. I try to have a nice vodka, scotch, bourbon, rye, and rum in stock at all times for various cocktails or just neat. Current lineup is Grey Goose, Glenlivet 15, Elmer T Lee, Angel's Envy Rye, and Zaya. The Zaya and Glenlivet are almost empty and I'll probably replace with other varieties. I like to mix it up a little :)

I don't drink Vodka often but when I do it's Grey Goose. (I hate that commercial.)
  • Options
    ArmyS1Guy:
    I'm a Cruzan fan as well. Got on the bandwagon while stationed in Key West for three years. They heavily promote themselves down there. I also keep a bottle of the Kraken around. The wife keeps a bottle of Crown on hand but brown liquor and I don't get along (or get along too well depending on who's telling the story). A bottle of Jaeger sometimes too. More of a party thing though.

I got on the Cruzan when I read a some blind taste tests and never looked back. It just seems to be a cleaner rum flavor for mixes and sipping.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    What one bottle do you guys always keep on hand?(It is so freakin hot today)
    I always have a bottle of light rum on hand for mojitos.

And I seem to always have a bottle of bourbon sitting around too.

Other than that; I try to keep the beer fridge full.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I don't drink liquor much, but I always have a bottle of mid-range bourbon for sipping on the rocks and gin for G&T's.
  • Options
    bbass2:
    I don't drink liquor much, but I always have a bottle of mid-range bourbon for sipping on the rocks and gin for G&T's.

I do like G&T.....yes sir, and on a hot freakin day like this it would be perfect.
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    The 2 I always have on hand are Glenlivet 21 & Ron Zacapa Centenario. I usually have a pretty good selection of bourbons and mixing rum as well but the labels vary.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf - do you get that Zacapa locally? I have looked high and low to find it locally but nobody has it. I can get the 23 easily. I might just have to break down and order it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    avengethis:
    Wolf - do you get that Zacapa locally? I have looked high and low to find it locally but nobody has it. I can get the 23 easily. I might just have to break down and order it.
    Yes, it is usually in stock @ my local Total Wine
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irish Mist on the rocks.

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Soco lime all day everyday
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...before work.

Just kidding, but I might start soon if things stay as hectic as they have been.