Home General Discussion
Options

is it worth it? Found a cabinet humi for sale...**UPDATE

Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
Out doing some antique shopping I ran across a cabinet humidor. When I saw it I nearly tripped over a very expensive table and my 2 year old trying to see it. It's all sealed two hydrometers, all boxes come with it and humidification systems. $525 Firm the dealer said. Is it worth it? imagephoto IMAG1399_1.jpg The boxes are empty except a few has two or three in it. Okay so it's a JC Pendergast?
imagephoto IMAG1402.jpg
imagephoto IMAG1403.jpg
imagephoto IMAG1404.jpg
imagephoto IMAG1405.jpg
The seals and all appear to be in great condition. Has a key when turned pulls the door taught.
No humi system...it's broke..
Anybody ever heard of them?

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is awesome, but that doesn't answer your question. My budget wouldn't allow me to fill that up. But I would try!
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Boy, that looks pretty nice. Does it have a brand name on it? Maybe you can find it online and compare the price.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Are the boxes full of cigars? That would affect the price considerably. If it's in good shape, holds humidity well, and would fit well in your home, then I would definitely consider it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    All empty. One box had like 2 in it. :(
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome looking cabinet! Did the guy have any backstory on it? How old is it? Where did he get it?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think so. Most cabinet humidors you see are in the thousands range. Big question is if it seals well. If it doesn't I am sure you can a few tweaks to get it where it needs to be.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man that joint is sweet...compared to other cabinet price humidors seems like a reasonable price. Of course the seal is the big thing..not like this bad boy is going to come with a warranty or anything. But if you get it...I would love to see you fill that bad boy up....keep us updated bro.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Its worth it...I love my cabinet.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Just do it
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    If it fits your budget do it!!
  • Options
    It was at a booth at an antique shop. The lady who owned the place said the booth owner bought it at an estate sale. I'm gonna dig a little deeper tomorrow about name brand etc. Looking at the seals, the humidification system it all looked almost new. I was like Ralphie glaring at the Red Rider BB gun! I'll update with a few more pics tomorrow.... thanks fellas.
  • Options
    Wow that cabinet is sweet I would say jump on it (if you can) sounds like a solid deal even if it don't have many cigars in it I can guarantee you won't run into a deal like that again.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're gonna shoot your eye out!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Forgot to mention broke meaning the Kenmore humidity system they had with it isn't working so I'll have to buy another...all fans and rh systems are working.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know very little about cabinet humidors. But after googling Pendergast and hearing a few $ figures mentioned,........ Looks like these go for thousands of $. But seeing as the humidification unit is broken. Maybe the price is just reasonable and not a bargain. I still love it though. I wonder if you could install a forced air system of your own somehow and exchange air through the bottom of the cabinet where you could keep Lots of kitty litter? Wouldn't that work? Maybe you could even hot-wire the existing unit where at least the fan would work to circulate air. keep us posted. Keep me posted in particular. If you decide against buying it I might be willing to take a road trip down to Chattanooga and take a look at it myself. And if your schedule permits,.....we shall herf :)
  • Options
    It has a forced air system and wired for power. Holla if you come to chatt well smoke one!