Home General Discussion

Favorite budget cigar

Ok well what is everyone's budget cigar or favorite cheep smoke. Mine just happens to be the Ventura project 805 for about $4 at the local shop.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Padron londres maduro!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    5 Vegas gold
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Padron londres maduro!!
    +1
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Mikeboyle29:
    Ok well what is everyone's budget cigar or favorite cheep smoke. Mine just happens to be the Ventura project 805 for about $4 at the local shop.
    Wait! No offense Mike, but is $4 a stick really a budget cigar? Shopping around I've gotten premiprems for $8/stick and good smokes for less than $4/stick. That said, my favorite budget brand is 5 Vegas simply because they're consistent and reliable. If you find a 5 Vegas blend you like (apart from Miami) it will always be a solid choice.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    My favorite $4 smoke is AVO Domaine.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Local B&M, Hatuey cigars, their Cognac line, several options from $2.75 to $5.75 that I love and smoke daily
    I also like the Black Pepper stick for $3 bucks a pop
    & for every 5 I buy they let me go back in and get a free one within the price range of any of the sticks I purchased
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davidoff 3x3 or 4x4.Totally cheap and a great cigar.
    Torano Dominico.
    Both are in the $3-3.50 range
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MidmofanMidmofan Posts: 1
    La Gloria Cubana Purples.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Davidoff 3x3 or 4x4.
    yup
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    AJ Fresh Rolled.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Another good budget cigar is the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For $4 you can get some good smokes. The Avo Domaine on the daily deal today is a great price with free shipping. 3 x 3 is another great smoke. I like the 5 Vegas Animal, all under $4.

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    favorite $4 smoke for me would be the DPG blue....you can get them at various places including sprint sale and weekend blitz/daily deal here for 39.99 for 10.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with some of the others... I don't consider a $4 cigar to be a budget smoke. I rarely pay more than $3 for any of my regular smokes. I'll pay $4 for DPG Blue but it's not a budget smoke to me... Just sayin'.....
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    My favorite $4 smoke is AVO Domaine.
    +1 it's today daily deal as well! 10 =39.99
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    0patience:
    Davidoff 3x3 or 4x4.
    yup
    +2
    i've been on a 3x3 kick this year....delicous

and the illusione r is a newly discovered fav too ..... right at $4/each

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• I'm pretty new to cigars but I got broke in with quorums. Very cheap and not to bad I guess. I joined cigar of the month and am learning a lot here. Everyone is very helpful!!
  • You got a point a $4 cigar isn't really a budget stick but I usually buy them in signals ( like a tard) one day I will find a better cheaper smoke for me.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    That is a good Q? . I am not able to smoke everyday so my sticks are everyday somewhat . I like: Garo Double Maduro mostly my next purchase from CC I prefer Maduros. I got recently: Arganese Maduro's CC Clearance. Not bad under 4$ a stick for 20. Mazo. Flor de Oliva Maduro under 4$ a stick nice stick. I guess for me I am going to smoke what I like no matter what the cost is. That being said I do not smoke everyday too. three to two times a week mostly on the weekends or when I go and visit friends and family and when I do smoke two stick at most. I like widow maker's Garhka. and I am open to try other sticks I did like NDB(none dam Business) the cigar designed for Fabien the actor. Flavor I like from a good Maduro and a good complement to drink, coffee and after dinner
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gurkha park ave's on sale here are a hreat deal. $2 ea. Not a mind blowin cigar, but a solid mild connie. Churchill for $2 not bad, and I wouldn't complain to smoke one.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I holdout until I find something I really like goes on clearance and then buy a box or two. It helps that I like a bunch of different stuff. Next shopping trip I'm gonna have to try the mazos of the Nicaragua 90+ rated seconds. 15 for $30 is worth trying at least.
  • Mike, thanks for your service brother...much appreciated!

My fav budget cigar is a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur...maduro if possible...this stick is in the $8-$10 range here in Boston and you can get a box for under $200....
  • heels0303heels0303 Posts: 53
    Padron Londres Maduro is hard to beat...so is the Tatuaje Tattoo
  • charlespecharlespe Posts: 5
    I like smoking but sometimes you need to buy cheaper ones. I consider  Helix Blue Tubular as my favorite budget cigar. Also Private Stock #2
    This site has good articles http://www.swisscubancigars.com/blog/best-places-enjoy-cuban-cigar/
  • supermoves:
    Mike, thanks for your service brother...much appreciated!

My fav budget cigar is a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur...maduro if possible...this stick is in the $8-$10 range here in Boston and you can get a box for under $200....
    You are very welcome