Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Padilla Miami robusto?

What are you thoughts on this stick?

I had one earlier, and am up in the air about it. Flavour was just ok, burn was even, and draw was great. I felt almost dirty after smoking it though. The ash was very dark and dirty looking, the smoke was dark and not very creamy. Maybe it needs to rest a bit more, and maybe I'm just too much of a noob.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I don't think the Miami is a cigar with creamy qualities. I've always had a dark ash with most Padillas, it's not a sign of quality or anything, just points to the chemical concentration that the tobacco was grown in. Aside from that, I don't quite know what you mean by dirty except to say that the Miami is a sharply flavored cigar, that is to say if you're used to more rounded, balanced blends this one will affect you differently. It could just be that the signature Nicaraguan taste is not your thing.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The Miami is also a full bodied smoke, and one of my favorites. However, if I were you, I definitely let it rest for awhile before trying another. I typically let mine rest for about 6 months before smoking them and they're great.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    I had another one last night, but this time I was walking with some friends after having a huge dinner. It was much better. Could just be the ambiance of where you smoke. Will let the rest of them sit for a while.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    ccom had a padilla miami weekend blitz that i jumped on, i halfed my order, in that being that I am going to age half of them for a very long time and see how they do. I think the oldest padilla I had was about 8-9 months.

"Long ashes my friends."