Home Ratings & Reviews

The NEW 5 Vegas Miami - opinions welcome

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
One of my old favorites was the old 5V Miami Knuckle. Thought that was a nice stick so I just tried a new 5V Miami. Burn was great, I liked the flavor and strength and I LOVED the tons of smoke. This produced a ton of white billowy smoke. Similar or more smoke than an Undercrown.

I was wondering if this was an exceptionally nice example of this stick or if the New Miami line is really pretty good.

I couldn't find any reviews on here only a comparison to the Padilla Miami.

Your experiences?

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As every one knows, I stay away from anything 5 Vegas, but, I have heard that all 5 Vegas do well with a bit of R&R and the Miami line appears to be no different. I have also heard that the Miami Toro is an exceptional smoke for those that like its particular flavor profile, which evidently you do.

I am however, providing a service to my fellow forum members that don't care for them, and if you send them to me I will see that they go to someone in need, it is the least I can do.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jim
    I smoked the old and the new the same night. I did not care for the new one, it needs a lot of rest time. It had an acrid taste that was not good. Love the old ones!!
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Hi Jim
    I smoked the old and the new the same night. I did not care for the new one, it needs a lot of rest time. It had an acrid taste that was not good. Love the old ones!!
    +1 on this. Jim and I did this on Vherf. He started before I got on so I just followed suit with the new Miami, but it needs a lot of rest. It had a very formaldehyde taste to it that lingered on the palate.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Bigshizza:
    Hi Jim
    +1 on this. Jim and I did this on Vherf. He started before I got on so I just followed suit with the new Miami, but it needs a lot of rest. It had a very formaldehyde taste to it that lingered on the palate.
    :( gross. I loved the old guys. Really nice spice (not pepper) from the criollo. The new blend is all Nicaraguan I believe. Is it even similar in flavor to the old?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Thanks y'all I will let the other four sit at the bottom of the box until I forget about them!

My old fav was the old Miami Knuckle. That was a nice smoke.
    With 3 not so good posts, I had to take a long look at my 5 Vegas Miami stock. It seems the 3 or 4 I have smoked were the "old" ones that had been sent to me (got 4 left). The "new" ones I have bought have been sitting in their own small resting (now aging) humidor and it appears that some agingwill be required. Shame, I was looking forward to smoking at least one a week. I guess it will still be one a week but not for at least six months. I will, if still alive, report back.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    With 3 not so good posts, I had to take a long look at my 5 Vegas Miami stock. It seems the 3 or 4 I have smoked were the "old" ones that had been sent to me (got 4 left). The "new" ones I have bought have been sitting in their own small resting (now aging) humidor and it appears that some agingwill be required. Shame, I was looking forward to smoking at least one a week. I guess it will still be one a week but not for at least six months. I will, if still alive, report back.
    You should smoke one of the new ones and then another in 3 months.. See for yourself how it progresses..
    Bigshizza:
    jd50ae:
    You should smoke one of the new ones and then another in 3 months.. See for yourself how it progresses..

If the Big Guy says to smoke one now, then I smoke one now by gum.