Home Cigar 101

Help :)

I just started smoking cigars and I need some help. I am looking for a sweet tip/cap cigar. I tried the ACID brand and did not like them at all. A friend told me that is because they are infused. I've tried several cigars since then. The Bacarrat was ok, the Isla Del Sol by Drew Estate was better and I did not like the Flor De Olivia. Can anyone tell me about any other cigars that are sweet yet mild.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without going to infused, like CAO Moontrance or other CAO Flavours cigars, you've covered most of what's available.
    But if you are looking for a mainstream cigar that has a sweeter flavor to it, check into cigars with cameroon wrappers.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • nachi444nachi444 Posts: 2
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Look into the coffee infused stuff like Java and Tabak Especial, both by Drew Estate. There's also Kopi Luwak by Oliveros.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a Nat Sherman host collection.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Wecome to the forum! A. Fuente Hemmingways have a Cameroon wrapper which seems to give it a sweet taste on ones lips. They would be considered a medium cigar, but if you haven't had one I would definitely recommend trying one - maybe a Short Story or a Best Seller. I've given these out a few times to cigar newbs who have enjoyed them. Good luck!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a cigar that I had a few years back that had a sweetened tip. It was kinda mild too (but it's really hard to remember that part). Sweetened tips dont impress me much myself, but it sounds like what you are looking for. I'll do a little online research and see if I can figure out what they were and find them again.
    You should try the Baccarats again. Try both the connecticut and the maduro. http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=10
    matkn293:
    Try a Nat Sherman host collection.
    I agree 100%. I just found one in my collection. (Nat Sherman - Host Collection -Hobart. From a trade with Rasindot. Thanks again Bro. Nat Sherman never lets me down.) It does have sweet tip that's not overly sweet in my opinion. Just smoked it and paired it with my coffee. Very mild. But a great taste. And rookie smokers need to know,...... Go slow. Don't get your cigars too hot as you smoke them. You'll get much better flavors from your investment.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a sweet cap, I like coffee infused as has already been mentioned. The tabak especial's by drew estate are good; i like the red eye. Probably similar to isla del sol, but perhaps a bit stronger.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try pairing a glass of port with your mild cigar. The port will bring you a sweet finsh.
  • heels0303heels0303 Posts: 53
    Nat Sherman Host Hunter
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Welcome to the forum
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Flor de Oliva? But, it's been a loo-ong time since I had one.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    Wecome to the forum! A. Fuente Hemmingways have a Cameroon wrapper which seems to give it a sweet taste on ones lips. They would be considered a medium cigar, but if you haven't had one I would definitely recommend trying one - maybe a Short Story or a Best Seller. I've given these out a few times to cigar newbs who have enjoyed them. Good luck!
    +1. For some reason, the Cameroon wrappers on the Hemingways are much sweeter than other Cameroons I've tried. I've also found that the smaller sizes (Short Story, Best Seller) tend to have a more pronounced sweet effect than the larger (Signature) sizes.

I might also recommend the La Aurora Preferido Cameroon. It's not quite as "sweet" as the Hemingway, but it's still quite delicious. Expensive, though at retail--they can be found at much lower prices on certain auction sites that shall not be named here.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try dipping the head in your favorite whiskey. Don't drown it, just a quick in/out. I do it every once in a while.
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Hey Guys. See that little marble stone half pipe looking thingy under the cigar? Anyone know what its called? And where to get one?
    rsherman24:
    Avo Companero from 2009

"Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    Hey Guys. See that little marble stone half pipe looking thingy under the cigar? Anyone know what its called? And where to get one?
    It's a stogie stand. PM Mr. Daniel Reyes. [ danielzreyes ]
    He is the man.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    rsherman24:
    Avo Companero from 2009

TJ3K?