Home General Discussion

Cigar Bands

I'm guessing a lot of people here probably collect them/hold onto some of their favorites. I recently started collecting the bands off the cigars my buddies and I smoke. The plan is to get enough to fashion them into some sort of coffee table top (on top of a wooden coffee table or end table, underneath a glass covering). I think it would be a pretty cool idea. Any other suggestions? I saw somebody made a shadow box display and I thought that was also pretty neat. That might be a little more feasible given that I only smoke about 1-2 times a week, but hey--a man can dream!

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some members on this forum that do amazing projects with bands. My suggestion is to smoke more cigars.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually found some interesting things to do with them!! I received an old glass lamp from my grammas estate that I filled with bands,came out nice! I've also matted and framed some in5x7 and 8x10 frames that I sent out to some brothers,and currently make bookmarks out of them.on my tablet now but will post pics of these later.a lot of really good ways to repurpose those bands in here!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I save almost all my bands, have jars of them. Was thinking of doing a table-top too but may start smaller. Just no time right now. Vance's bookmarks are great, someone else had them on coffee mugs, but the shadow box Curtis's wife did is awesome. Wives are more crafty when it comes to this usually. Keep saving the bands, they add up quickly.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a poster-sized frame at Micheal's or AC Moore. I flipped the poster that came in in and pasted bands to the white back. I made a large cigar out of bands, including puffs of smoke and put that in the middle of the surface.

I have it hanging in my office at school, which is ironic because we are a smoke-free campus. If I could ever figure out how to post photos, I'd display it here.

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    I bought a poster-sized frame at Micheal's or AC Moore. I flipped the poster that came in in and pasted bands to the white back. I made a large cigar out of bands, including puffs of smoke and put that in the middle of the surface.

I have it hanging in my office at school, which is ironic because we are a smoke-free campus. If I could ever figure out how to post photos, I'd display it here.

Sounds pretty damn cool. Just create a Photo Bucket account and then upload the pictures to there. When you click on each individual picture there will be some options to the right side and just click on the bottom one which is IMG. It will automatically copy the text inside the box and then just paste it on here. Hope that helps and others may have other options too but that's what I've always done.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:

That's a great idea
  • ol_smokey1ol_smokey1 Posts: 26
    YankeeMan:

That's another option I was considering making as an addition to the apartment I'm going to be moving into. I'd love to see how it turned out, especially with the cigar/smoke