Home General Discussion

Empty Wood Boxes

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody have any they are looking to get rid of? Starting up a coolidor and need to get a couple extra to fill the empty space for now.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shipping them is the problem. The devil site sells a lot of 10 wood boxes really cheap. You pay them for shipping, but it is probably cheaper in the long run if you don't have any B&M's near you to score some.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'll check them out. Thats what I was kind of thinking but wanted to check to see if emptying a closet for somebody works. i would cover shipping obviously if somebody wanted to.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    I have never shipped them, but I know people on here have and will offer advice. I am just thinking a large flat rate might hold 5? and would be 15 to ship.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought some cigar boxes from Joe a while back. I think it was $20 shipping for a bunch of them.
    Can't recall off hand, but it wasn't a lot.
    The nice thing about going to the B&M is that you can be picky about what you want, but on the downside, they might nail you for premium boxes.

On the other hand, I bought a couple really nice boxes for less than $10 each.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    I will check with the local shop. I mostly want them there to take up space. I'm not planning on using them to actually hold cigars at this point. I have all singles mostly right now and am getting a bunch of cedar trays for the singles. I have some boxes im planning to buy that will slowly replace the empty boxes taking up space.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    go to b&m get what you can shipping is whats crazy 20 bucks for 7-8 boxs and thats for a big box packed up,
    find a b&m that has boxs
    Shipping is crazy. I think I got 10 from the devil site shipped for $20-$22 so they must get a deal. The superstore (not ours but the one that "shares the building") has a huge thing of empty boxes for a buck a piece when you walk in. Always look for some nice ones when I get there. They show pics on their site of bonfires of cigar boxes when they have events.
    Went to the loacl B&M today and spent a few dollars there on some sticks and they tossed in 5 free boxes.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    Went to the loacl B&M today and spent a few dollars there on some sticks and they tossed in 5 free boxes.
    That's the way to do it! Unless you are looking for a specific box, a B&M is always the way to go.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once bought 5 or 6 cedar Padron boxes on eBay really cheap. And the shipping charge that was added by the seller was also very cheap. I sorta felt that math wasn't her strong subject....