Home General Discussion

Whereya smoking today

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
In the woods, down beside the abandoned bridge over the Christina River, about 3/4 mile from the office:

A Nat Sherman -- all cedary and sweet.

In this photo you can see Motorcycle Hands -- that's where the back of your hand gets bronzed while your finger ends and thumb, which hide beneath your grips, do not.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Nice Cone. If I smoked in a place like that in july the mosquitoes would smoke ME!
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice spot webmost, probably I'll go out on the deck. Cup of coffee and a Pepin Blue, watch my toenails grow.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the deck making birdhouses
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoking inthe back yard....herfing ain't easy when yer dodging bullets in the ghetto!
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting in a rocking chair under the shed roof behind my studio. Coffee, a book, gentle rain, and a Sol Cubano Cabinet.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Dropped by my favorite B&M for a DPG Blue Lancero and a Cain F Lancero. Can't smoke on the back patio today. 114 here in Phoenix. Thank goodness I found this place. Great selection of sticks and an excellent staff here
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right in the driveway. Temps Cooled off and the bottom fell out of the humidity today. This morning you could cut the air with a knife.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was smoking in Robbers Cave State Park in Oklahoma. Family rented a cabin and did some fishing, canoeing, swimming, grilling and Corn Hole playing. Was a nice time.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the man cave. That's Biffy Bullfrog on the left. A La Riqueza lit.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we moved here, there was an old willow in the back yard. When it died, I cut it down and dug it out. Punky wood. What a job. Next year, a pair of maples sprouted. Bearswatter nagged and harped on me to remove them. Anything not specifically invited she deems a weed. I resisted. I said they want to be there, let them. Now they are grown. Four more sprouts jumped up at the base of one. So there's a clump of six. This afternoon, we sat beneath them. A wonderful canopy.

Thirty years here in Dull-Aware, we have never once been able to do this. By June, each afternoon would be thick, hot, unbreathable. Now that global warming has us in it's dire grasp, afternoons are absolutely perfect. It is San Diego weather. 58 degrees this morning busted record cool. Yesterday, I not only rode to work with a denim jacket on, I rode home with a denim jacket on. As I write this, it's a perfect 75. Sat in the yard. Listened to birdsong. Tickled the pup. Listened to Bearswatter chat about the neighbor who just lost his job and a bunch of other stuff. Smoked a pleasant Nat Sherman. Sipped at a Modelo Especial. Fine stuff. Once it had burnt to the nub, I stood up, stuck out my hand to help her up, and held her hand while she chatted some more bunch of stuff. Now I am back at the puter screen, while she's firing up some baby backs. Fine stuff.