Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

3,000th Post "Pass" FTW - Progress Reported

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
Ok, so this isn't really a pass. But I didn't know what else to call it. So as I posted a little while back, I had no idea what to do for 3,000. I tried to get some help. I got snark. But I cut and pasted that snark into some laughs and an idea. So here goes:

Anyone still remember the Man o' War badges? I do. And I've never done it. But I need to. And I think they should be brought back into the forum consciousness so to speak. So for those who don't know, the premise is simple: Smoke the first three MoW lines (Virtue, Original, Ruination) in a sitting. Heck, in a day is OK by me unless there are any who might object. If you search the forum enough you'll see that eventually people decided that's not enough vitamin N for one day and went further, but let's keep this simple. So I want to get my badge, and I want others to join in. So here goes:

I have supplies for 7 some number larger than 7 badges beyond mine. Let me know you want to do this, and I send you the stuff to do it. And something I thought of to celebrate 3k and maybe another straggler or so just to make the shipping worth it, but you only have to smoke the 3 MoW's to complete the badge. Only qualification is you can't have done this before, you complete the badge, and you post pics to a thread I'll kick off when I do it. THIS IS CLOSED.

So I tried to hit something off everyone's bio/likes/wishlist in addition to the MoW's and a stick that seemed appropriate for the occasion. This might make the packages of different value, but I simply put what I had that matched in, please don't compare and read anything into it. Packages on the way to the following:
jsnake PENDING
cbuck COMPLETED
Gray4Lines PENDING
chemnitz COMPLETED
ejgorman PENDING
Rain COMPLETED
brianetz1 COMPLETED
jimmyv COMPLETED
PuffDougie COMPLETED W/ EXTRA CREDIT (52c)
avengethis COMPLETED
Reggie713 COMPLETED W/ EXTRA CREDIT (Skull Crusher)
echambers COMPLETED
Ken Light PENDING
People who said they have supplies and might participate as well:
SleevePlz PENDING
bert PENDING
FireRob PENDING
matkn PENDING
CharlieHeis COMPLETED

Counting me, that's 18 people. This should be a pretty epic badge drive and a really cool thread to watch as people start completing them! Thanks to all who are participating!
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never done it and the last MOW I had kicked my a hole so count me in. You all may get a laugh but I want to try. I smoke strong cigars but for some reason it snuck up on me amd turned me green. Think it was the Ruination. This sounds fun and you may get a pic of me with the sweats laying down afterwards. Cool idea.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember reading about it. I would love to participate. Congratulations on 3000! Charlie
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to Ken, I remember seeing MoW badge banners on almost everyone's post sigs a long time ago. I think it is worth bringing back. And the 3 originals sounds like enough for one day! I believe the original badge was a day time-period as well and not back to back to back.

Gimme your address too, or I'll use the return, and I'll give you something too! Congrats on being here way too long, lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am down to give it a whirl. Happy 3k.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    I am down to give it a whirl. Happy 3k.
    . I have the supplies here to do it so no need to send. This should be labeled MOW 3k FTW Badge.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Never done it and the last MOW I had kicked my a hole so count me in. You all may get a laugh but I want to try. I smoke strong cigars but for some reason it snuck up on me amd turned me green. Think it was the Ruination. This sounds fun and you may get a pic of me with the sweats laying down afterwards. Cool idea.
    That's what I'm thinking too! But fun to try anyway. Virtue and coffee for breakfast, MoW original after lunch, nighttime smoke with ruination, then nightmares of AJF kicking my ass all night.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 3k! I've never done the badge, but I already have tons of MOW. I might join y'all and complete it with you.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    First and only (I think) MOW I had was the original about 3 yrs ago before I really got into cigars. I didn't like it (sorry Randy). But things have changed now and maybe I should revisit MOW big time!! So count me in for some hilarity.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I'm in! I have been wondering what those badges were all about!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I feel inclined to throw my name in. Congrats on 3K, I miss playing poker with you!FTW.
    Chemnitz:
    I didn't like it (sorry Randy).
    You'll burn in eternity for this.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm willing to give it a try. I believe I have a virtue and ruination and I'm sure I can get my hands on an original so you won't have to worry about sending me anything, save them for someone who needs them.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    I also have the supply. Been waiting to start the MOW line and this sounds like a good time to do it. Not often I get the time to smoke two a day much less three but when I do, I'll do it in honor of your 3K challenge
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    I've wanted to try this several times, but i only have the big ass torpedo Virtue and that is just too much of a good thing to complete this badge.

so.....if you will have me, i would like to join this "pass"
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 3k and was actually wondering the other day if people still did this. Been gone for a while so wasn't sure. If there's room still I'd definitely like to be included.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on 3K, Ken! Looks like you've got your seven badge hopefuls, but if you announce a date for the challenge, I'll fire up a MOW or three in your honor.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    This is a great response so far! I'm not going to announce a set date, just post a thread for pics when people get to it. It pretty much requires taking a whole day to yourself (translation: wife taking the kid to her parent's for the day) so that's hard to pin everyone to a day. And you should also know that I'm not going to hit you over the head with 3 double coronas either, I've got robustos.
    Sorry, thought I put this.I have regular and Ruination, but no Virtue (har har). Anyone want to set up a trade to send me one so that I don't take away from Ken's 7? If not, I'll just substitute the Virtue for a MOW OCC I have.
    Rain:
    Sorry, thought I put this.I have regular and Ruination, but no Virtue (har har). Anyone want to set up a trade to send me one so that I don't take away from Ken's 7? If not, I'll just substitute the Virtue for a MOW OCC I have.
    YOU DOWN WITH OCC?

^^^Dang, well played sir...well played.
    Stop counting, guys, just let me know if you want in. You never know, I might be able to get my hands on some more. Puff, I got your name down.
    Rain:
    ^^^Dang, well played sir...well played.
    the proper reply post would have been "Yeah you know me"

come on....get with the program.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. I have the virtue and original I believe but I think I smoked the Ruination the other night. I"ll double check.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have a MOW badge and didn't even realize it. Might as well make it official. No need to send supplies.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in if you'll have me! This is a great idea and I've always wanted to get me a MOW badge!
    bump, maybe I'll close this at the end of the weekend.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea and a great way to celebrate your 3k. I'm in and I think I have the virtue and the rumination. In fact I think I have an extra virtue if Rain still needs one, though it is a Churchill.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Bump for last call today
    So far I have 3/12 addresses. I'll hunt you all down if I have to, but c'mon, make it easy. :D
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Post!