Home General Discussion
Options

Local B&M just got rid of Viaje...NOOOOOO

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
My local B&M just got rid of all their Viaje supply and will not be carrying it anymore. I told them I would have bought it all. Not sure where they ditched it or what but they said they had to make room for new stuff coming in.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    My local B&M just got rid of all their Viaje supply and will not be carrying it anymore. I told them I would have bought it all. Not sure where they ditched it or what but they said they had to make room for new stuff coming in.
    I've heard this from a few places. Viaje must not be selling well at B&Ms
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    That's three I've heard of now. From what I gather they believe each cigar is an Opus. You can order them, they just send you what ever. Demand 10 + facetimes on the racks and all are $10.00 and up.
    Shizz got me turned on to them...but with people dropping them left and right how do they stay a float?
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    avengethis:
    That's three I've heard of now. From what I gather they believe each cigar is an Opus. You can order them, they just send you what ever. Demand 10 + facetimes on the racks and all are $10.00 and up.
    Shizz got me turned on to them...but with people dropping them left and right how do they stay a float?
    That is true. Viaje just sends retailers whatever they (Viaje) choose. Hell, if I was a retailer who had no say in my purchase and then what I did receive was slow to sell, can't say I wouldn't drop em either.

but damn those honey and handgrenades are good.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn fools! Wish I could find a stash of someone getting rid of them all. Funny thing is I call all over the country and have sources that sell out the day of or the next day after a release. Think it is just regional. I have a local that has them but the other customers seem to be into other things and mostly pipes. They do sell and some sell out but I can go in and still get older releases. Honestly I think it is because the owner told me he stashes extra stock in the back and slowly releases it into the humidor over time so guys don't buy it all at once like Tat Monsters and other high end stuff.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    Damn fools! Wish I could find a stash of someone getting rid of them all. Funny thing is I call all over the country and have sources that sell out the day of or the next day after a release. Think it is just regional. I have a local that has them but the other customers seem to be into other things and mostly pipes. They do sell and some sell out but I can go in and still get older releases. Honestly I think it is because the owner told me he stashes extra stock in the back and slowly releases it into the humidor over time so guys don't buy it all at once like Tat Monsters and other high end stuff.
    Would you mind sharing where in KC you find Viaje? i have never tried any of there lines and i have read/heard alot about them. I will be going to KC on my way to Topeka at the end of August.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Da^n, I guess that's one I can forget about trying. Just as well I guess....sooo many and sooo little time.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that only stogie geeks like is know about viaje and other boutique brands! Some stuff just doesn't move well since a ton of people just grab a well known name branded stick. I've seen stores that had nothing but great boutique stuff fill shelves with montecristo and perdomo stuff...I asked why the change?! Answer was simple...people have no idea and it's a tough sell. One place I go has all the original Roma crafts at 25% off since they didn't move well at all. Ignorance is what keeps companies like altidis in business
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive liked most Viajes that i have had but they never impress me.
    for a guy like me the business plan is not a winner.
    EVERY cigar is an LE?
    if everything is billed and priced like an LE then they dont seem as special.

there is a following of the brand and a bunch of guys love them, swear by them, ad will hunt them down. i think the brand is still trying to find an equilibrium in the market. if they sell at less places but they actually sell, then they will be fine. if they are in every B&M out there and sit on the shelf then its not good.
    they will find their way. the people behind the brand are far to dedicated to let it die.