Home General Discussion

Xikar Crystal Jar turned green/brown (edit with answer)

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
I found this jar in one of my humis. Been using it for about eight months or so now. As you can see it changed color. I can't find anything online that's explains this. It kept my humidor humid and found no mold anywhere in the humidor. I'd keep using it but it's kind of gross looking now, so I went ahead and replaced it.

Anyone?

ifound an answer in a forum
"XIKAR has a lifetime warranty on all products including the 4oz crystal jar you purchased. The brown discoloration is not mold. Late last year, we received a bad batch of crystals, we conducted an analysis of the crystals, and with the help of the manufacturer, we came to the conclusion the crystals were burnt in the process. XIKAR has made a change in sourcing and you should not see any future problems with XIKAR humidification products. You can return the crystal jar to your local retailer or send it to XIKAR for a replacement. Always use XIKAR PG Solution to regulate 70% RH. We aplogoze for the inconvenience and thank you for the business"
photo 506AF148-orig.jpg
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm don't know DZR..does peeing in one of them really help the rh???? Lol
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Apparently R Kelly came over
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you got your kitty litter and your gel mixed up.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pee jokes really? I love you guys lol
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Sorry, that was my first thought too.....
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I told you that infusing your cigars with Mountain Dew doesn't make them more refreshing.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    danielzreyes:
    Sorry, that was my first thought too.....
    Yup, totally looks like pee.

So why'd you pee in the beads, dzr?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    It's obvious you have a straight and not a bendy thumb - nothing to discuss
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankie did it !
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    I told you that infusing your cigars with Mountain Dew doesn't make them more refreshing.
    That's Funny!!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Apparently Brawndo doesn't have what cigar gel likes.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found an answer in a forum

" XIKAR has a lifetime warranty on all products including the 4oz crystal jar you purchased. The brown discoloration is not mold. Late last year, we received a bad batch of crystals, we conducted an analysis of the crystals, and with the help of the manufacturer, we came to the conclusion the crystals were burnt in the process. XIKAR has made a change in sourcing and you should not see any future problems with XIKAR humidification products. You can return the crystal jar to your local retailer or send it to XIKAR for a replacement. Always use XIKAR PG Solution to regulate 70% RH. We aplogoze for the inconvenience and thank you for the business"
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was going to get interesting. Boveda. Even if it turns brown, you can't see it.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Months ago I emptied the Xikar gel into 3 little round humidifiers and 1 bigun. Doing my Sunday morning check I found they are all changing color, not near as bad as yours but noticeable.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I found an answer in a forum

" XIKAR has a lifetime warranty on all products including the 4oz crystal jar you purchased. The brown discoloration is not mold. Late last year, we received a bad batch of crystals, we conducted an analysis of the crystals, and with the help of the manufacturer, we came to the conclusion the crystals were burnt in the process. XIKAR has made a change in sourcing and you should not see any future problems with XIKAR humidification products. You can return the crystal jar to your local retailer or send it to XIKAR for a replacement. Always use XIKAR PG Solution to regulate 70% RH. We aplogoze for the inconvenience and thank you for the business"
    wierdo!