Home Cigar 101
Options

cigar storage in humidor

What is the best way to store cigars, cellophane on or off?

Comments

• Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Here's a link to a thread about this subject: Link
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    mrmoonrise:
    What is the best way to store cigars, cellophane on or off?
    Long story short, the way you buy 'em is the way you store 'em.... Don't change a good thing!
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    if ive got a lot of one cigar i have them all off bar a few as i like the small when i open the humi, if its only singals and 5 packs i leave them on. see pics bellow. 100ct humi for just general cigars between 1-5 of each (with cello) level 3 storage for larger quantitys (without cello) new humi (for long term storage) you might notice i have a couple with cello on in the non cello humi, but im sure u can see thats because ive only got the one divider and dont want direct contact between the to types of cigar
  • Options
    SlickRSSlickRS Posts: 44
    It's up to you really. If you have alot of the same sticks take the celos off. If not leave them on. If you like sweet sticks also I would store them in another humi. Remember alot of people keep the celos on just to protect the sticks. Thats my two cents. Hope it helped.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New question for those of us with recent Tubos purchases. Leave them in the tube or take them out and put them in the humi butt naked? I have mine in there in the tubes now but man they are taking up all the space.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Leave them in the tubes, IMO. Tubes, for the most part, are not air tight, so the cigars will still get the proper humidity. And then they can be ready to go whenever you are.