Home General Discussion

How long?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
If you have a limited cigar aging and it's your last one, when do you decide enough is enough and go ahead and smoke it?
I have a 2008 Torano Tribute that I've been letting "rest" from a box I got when they came out.
Now when I go to grab something out of the cabinet, it sits there waiting.
It's been 6 years sitting there.

I guess my question is, how long is too long?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke it
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    What he said!^^
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Smoke it
    So no one else has difficulty putting a flame to a cigar you've had for 6 years and it's your last one?
    I'm the only one?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 inche ...... oh

Yeah, smoke it
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    jd50ae:
    Smoke it
    So no one else has difficulty putting a flame to a cigar you've had for 6 years and it's your last one?
    I'm the only one?
    I think I might have that problem one day. Not yet. My stuff isn't that old and Most of the box purchases I've still got some of each but who knows. I pulled out an old camacho havana the other night and learned first hand how well it has aged. Kuzi said it would. I might have a hard time smoking the last one of those.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    jd50ae:
    Smoke it
    I'm the only one?

How long is it to be the last one?
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    6 years old wow. I don't know how long too long is. I would be tempted to smoke it, but that's me. But then I probably wouldn't smoke it, hmmm. When you really feel like smoking it, you will know, light it up right then. I have 1 Armada 3 years old left from a batch I bought way back, that's my oldest. Have some a year or so old and bought a few more, but saving that 1, for now.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    0patience:
    jd50ae:
    Smoke it
    I'm the only one?

How long is it to be the last one?
    Very good point. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK,I wouldve said just smoke it all ready a few weeks ago,but I just smoked my last skull and bones awhile ago I had been sitting on for prob 2 yearsish .it was amazing!!! Don't know if or when ill get my hands on another and I kinda regret smoking it.weird I know.sooo I'd say smoke it just be ready for smokers remorse!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    7 inc....ohUh, heh, anywho. I hate to say it, but I'd probably not smoke it. I'm a firm believer in the SleevePlz school of "Smoke the cigar, save the band"....but....I hate this hobby!!!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Good question but I do not have the answer. I have been sitting on many hard to find cigars and just can't smoke them. I think just smoke it is the answer. Either myself or the beetles will take care of it so it is better to be taken care by myself. know I am saying something I don't do. It is a dilemma I always deal with.
    0patience:
    If you have a limited cigar aging and it's your last one, when do you decide enough is enough and go ahead and smoke it?
    I have a 2008 Torano Tribute that I've been letting "rest" from a box I got when they came out.
    Now when I go to grab something out of the cabinet, it sits there waiting.
    It's been 6 years sitting there.

I guess my question is, how long is too long?
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't hesitate to smoke any cigar. If I became a cigar collector instead of a cigar smoker, I would go bankrupt in a hurry.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke it when you get a chance to sit down and really enjoy it. I am not a collector, so nothing is safe in my humi.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i have begun to start lighting up some of my "rarer" cigars. None of mine are really rare, but more are cigars i have gotten and then labeled as a special occasion smoke. I have 2 of the LFD mysterios that are just calling my name, but i haven't had a good time/reason to smoke them, but i am not collecting them.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    My "rare" cigars are from June 2014. That's about how long they stay around before they burn up.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    My "rare" cigars are from June 2014. That's about how long they stay around before they burn up.

LOL, go an extra month and try med-rare.
    I'm not a collector I just buy more than I smoke.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Usually I smoke a htf cigar when I've had a horrible day. It's the one thing you can count on to make you smile and not think about anything else. But I do know how you feel the last one is always hard to burn
    Money can't buy taste
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I don't plan on keeping any that long...inky ones will be the two obsidian mini coronas that my son picked out to smoke when he is 18. They will be 6 years old.