Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Bombed from the sandbox

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
I received an unexpected thank you gift from a fellow (Hannibal) who was stationed overseas and his lighter crapped out. I told him I would send him one. Well, I did with a bunch of cigars, candy and some rooster sauce(it makes everything taste better). He sent back the greatest note that was very moving. He works with NATO and has handed cigars out to guys from at least 8 different countries! Very cool.
You are very welcome Lt. Commander Jeff Greenfield

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very cool, and a great letter.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I love that he signed it BOTL. As Adam Sandler would say, that's wicked awesome.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear, people that condemn cigars should read this and take a step back to evaluate why they are pushing this down our throats.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very much agree. Forward this to the A holes in the government that are "trying" to take this away from us. It truly is an example of how something "meaningless" that they can over tax is important.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is fantastic!!!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Semper Fi, Jim
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very thoughtful jim and awesome that he wrote back. Way to represent the U.S.! Cigars for international diplomacy...check!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Jim!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the original post to my wife and then this reply last night. Halfway through the reply, she was misty eyed and smiling. Both of us would like to extend a big thank you to Jim and everyone else that may have participated in this. The military is very near and dear to our hearts and it's wonderful to see such acts of kindness directed at those serving. I am amazed at the amount of generosity and kindness that I have witnessed in the short time that I have been participating in this forum. Bravo gentlemen, Bravo!

And to echo First Warrior, Semper Fi Jim!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    It's things like this that make me love this forum. Great job Jim.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Very thoughtful jim and awesome that he wrote back. Way to represent the U.S.! Cigars for international diplomacy...check!

+ 1 You have to love this forum.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Good job Shizza, you really made their day, kudo's to you. Now the name Shizza will be feared in 8 other countries. Well done
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Way cool of both Shizz & Hannibal, very nice
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    stuff like this is really cool. Glad you got something
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn! That is really awesome! :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Damn! That is really awesome! :)
    +1 well done Jim!!!
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Good on you Jim! But gett a box FROM the sandbox is kind of the opposite, right? LOL They probably have this program over there called Cigars for Civilians or something. LOL. Awesome shirt.