Home General Discussion

A little trick.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't think I am the only one doing this but its worth mentioning.

I use a bullet punch pretty much all the time now.

When I encounter a tough draw I no longer get the scissor cutter out, I put the cigar back in the humidor and leave it alone for 3 or 4 days. 90% of the time the draw is greatly improved and I can enjoy the cigar to its fullest.

There is the once in a great while tight draw that is caused by construction, and I, like most I am sure, use a draw tool.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Think tht would work with a perfect cutter guillotine too?
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Think tht would work with a perfect cutter guillotine too?

Don't know why not.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Good idea. I tend to toast before I cut though.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Good idea. I tend to toast before I cut though.

I used to do that too... Then i discovered the noms of pre-light draws. Lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like to put a cigar that's touched my lips back in the humidor. Did it once before because of tough draw... It tasted terrible when I lit it up. Talk about potential mold or bacteria growth...I will leave them sitting out though. However, low rh does the trick most of the time
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:

When I encounter a tough draw I no longer get the scissor cutter out, I put the cigar back in the humidor and leave it alone for 3 or 4 days. 90% of the time the draw is greatly improved and I can enjoy the cigar to its fullest.

There is the once in a great while tight draw that is caused by construction, and I, like most I am sure, use a draw tool.

Have to try that next time. Rather do that then re-cutting or poking.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    jd50ae:

Have to try that next time. Rather do that then re-cutting or poking.
    Interesting tip. Makes sense, I'll definitely have to remember that.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like dry boxing. But in a humi. Hmmmm. Very interesting.