Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can't speak for the rest of the bums, but I'll be there exactly 90 minutes after I leave home.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local raised beef with vegatables from the garden (except for the mushrooms). Soo freakin good!!

• Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited @peter4jc but you never came.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to head to @MikeTodd's instead.  Sorry.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks incredibly delicious, @90+_Irishman. Kudos to your wife.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks incredibly delicious, @90+_Irishman. Kudos to your wife.
    Thanks Edward, I am very blessed to have such an amazing woman at my side :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I gotta brag on myself a little bit tonight. I did one of my favorite dishes - pasta aglio e olio - the official way. I can't remember how many years I've just been doing it bachelor-style. And, man, it's just delicious done right. 

And, the next time I do pasta I'm planning to do all' Amatriciana the way my mother used to do it. Ya don't find it in restaurants very often - at least not around here - and it's one of my favorites. 

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to get pics from my wife's b-day dinner I made.  The menu:

Pan seared fillet
    Lobster mac and cheese
    Asparagus with lemon-butter sauce infused with lobster

She said it was the best meal she's ever eaten.  The mac n cheese was amazing.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman said:
    Last night I had Australian Waygu which is a crossbreed with Japanese Kobe cow. Best way to enjoy them is panfry not grilled.
    Damn!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's dinner was Sockeye Salmon.
    Need to get some more to make up some good brine and get the smoker going.
    I don't know that there is anything better than smoked red salmon.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    So much I want to say, but I will leave it simply at "bet thats got a funk to it" :D
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last evening the wife made  Roast Pork and boiled potatoes, the little ones that are white purple and red. After dinner we sat outside with a Perdomo Lot 23 and coffee.

Fantastic way to end a long weekend.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    johnnyB said:
    So much I want to say, but I will leave it simply at "bet thats got a funk to it" :D
    I wish you could have given me that advice yesterday,my brother and I made beaver jokes for about 80 miles after this stop. The wife didn't think we were as funny as we thought. She told us that we are the two most immature people she knows lol. My thirteen year old asked if it was something he would eat one day,I almost wet myself over that one :p
    Oh God I wouldn't have been able to stop myself if I were there ROFL!!!!!!! And as a husband it is your prerogative to annoy the hell outta your wife with beaver taco jokes :D
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnnyB said:
    I wish you could have given me that advice yesterday,my brother and I made beaver jokes for about 80 miles after this stop. The wife didn't think we were as funny as we thought. She told us that we are the two most immature people she knows lol. My thirteen year old asked if it was something he would eat one day,I almost wet myself over that one :p
    Not to thread jack but since your talking about beavers. Over this past weekend at a state park near me there was a kayaking group that sent out some notices about going to see some beavers and all was welcomed! Needless to say my wife was tired of listening to my jokes after about 5 minutes.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Made traditional Japanese beef hot pot with pearl onions, Nappa cabbage, arugula, green onions, beef, tofu, fresh shiitake mushrooms and fresh beech mushrooms in a traditional broth with snow maiden sake last night. Was absolutely delicious and was perfect on a cool evening. 

Brett
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great, Brett. Tonight was my night and I made poor man's lobster, a dish @cigarpunk clued me into, very nice and easy too. Boil the fish frozen and finish it with smoked paprika and butter in the broiler. 

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the butchers grabbing some jerky meat and I saw 2 of the most beautiful pork chops I've ever seen. So we ate those...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Looks great Chris and sounds like a great meal Wayne!
  • Options
    I'm gonna do boneless chicken thighs marinated in a yogurt-curry sauce along with rice pilaf and a green veggie. I do likes me some curry every once in a while.....  B)
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    I'm gonna do boneless chicken thighs marinated in a yogurt-curry sauce along with rice pilaf and a green veggie. I do likes me some curry every once in a while.....  B)
    Great minds think alike, we are doing a coconut curry with beef strips tonight over right that should be excellent!

Brett
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    Great minds think alike, we are doing a coconut curry with beef strips tonight over right that should be excellent!

Brett
    Hmmm. I think I like your rice idea better than mine, Brett. The pan sauce from the thighs would go great over plain rice. Thanks, Pardner....   B)
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks tender enough to drink up with a straw, looks very tasty.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Man Larry that looks awesome, very very very cool! Hope it was as good as it looks and sounds!

Brett
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was delicious and plenty of left overs.