Home Non Cigar Related

Any "Bar Rescue" fans?

YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've probably seen all of the past shows and I really enjoy them. John can come across as a bully, but he knows his sstuff and the "after" scenes are pretty amazing. By the way, my wife hates him.

After I win the lottery, I'm going to hire him to design a cigar bar for me!

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    I've probably seen all of the past shows and I really enjoy them. John can come across as a bully, but he knows his sstuff and the "after" scenes are pretty amazing. By the way, my wife hates him.

After I win the lottery, I'm going to hire him to design a cigar bar for me!

You kidding.....DVR is set for every show....new or old. I am Planning a road trip later this year to visit some of his "saves" in TN, there are a bunch.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's one he did outside Fort Bragg, about two hours from me. At some point, I'm going to have to make a road trip.

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon Taffer seems like a really cool guy. I've seen every episode... When I go out to eat or to a bar, I always think, "What would Taffer say?" lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is one of my favorite shows!!I really love when they start talking about the bar science of it all.love the after shots myself!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Jon Taffer seems like a really cool guy. I've seen every episode... When I go out to eat or to a bar, I always think, "What would Taffer say?" lol!

The few times I nave actually gone to a bar in the past couple of years I have had to check myself from assuming John Taffer's persona and start yelling at the employees. I love bars but dirty ones make my skin crawl.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Gray4lines:

The few times I nave actually gone to a bar in the past couple of years I have had to check myself from assuming John Taffer's persona and start yelling at the employees. I love bars but dirty ones make my skin crawl.
    Yes, the Taffer in me always wants to reprimand and wink at employees simultaneously. ;)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh the shame! I just skimmed through an episode of BR called Top Ten Most Disgusting Bars. My initial fear at seeing the topic of the show was soon confirmed. There have been two episodes aired from Murfreesboro TN on BR. Turns out BOTH made the top six with one at #1. YUCK! At least #1 is out of business, closed up and for sale now. Anybody want to open a cigar bar? Might have to ......"take a flamethrower to this place!".

https://youtu.be/qMx-Lv_eZ3s

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this show. The wife and I used to binge watch every Sunday. I feel like I read he stopped by two places in St. Louis but haven't made it down to them yet. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Love his show and I love that movie. I learned about lacing on that show and the mixologist from Washington DC got my blood pumping.