Home Non Cigar Related
Options

You ever been addicted to a place?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
After our trip to Area 51 and Vegas... I have not been able to stop thinking about Rachel Nevada. We stayed there after hitting Area 51 and puttered around the surrounding desert. I can't get the scenery out of my head, I can't stop thinking about it's dead silence, I can't stop thinking about the beautiful heat (dry as comfortable), I can't stop thinking about how much there is to explore and discover out there. I literally NEED to go back. Everyday i think about it and I'm saddened and physically let down that I'm not there.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    After our trip to Area 51 and Vegas... I have not been able to stop thinking about Rachel Nevada. We stayed there after hitting Area 51 and puttered around the surrounding desert. I can't get the scenery out of my head, I can't stop thinking about it's dead silence, I can't stop thinking about the beautiful heat (dry as comfortable), I can't stop thinking about how much there is to explore and discover out there. I literally NEED to go back. Everyday i think about it and I'm saddened and physically let down that I'm not there.
    Yes, I think maybe two or three times in my life, I traveled into certain area's that (for lack of a better description) seemed to call out to me. This is possibly due to DNA programming that we have been encoded with by Extraterrestrials, "as some ancient astronaut theorists believe."
    Lay off the taters for a few days,, youll be fine ;o)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_State_Route_375
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Blue Ridge Parkway. Hawaii. New Zealand.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    The Kid:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Yes, I think maybe two or three times in my life, I traveled into certain area's that (for lack of a better description) seemed to call out to me. This is possibly due to DNA programming that we have been encoded with by Extraterrestrials, "as some ancient astronaut theorists believe."
    Lay off the taters for a few days,, youll be fine ;o)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_State_Route_375

I saw a few videos on YouTube te last couple days about abandoned mines in the area of Rachel. Just seems like a really fun adventure to on as well. Plus with such a small population I would love the isolate feeling of living there. If I ever get the hankering to be away from all civilization... 5 minute drive in almost any direction. :)
  • Options
    webmost:
    The Blue Ridge Parkway. Hawaii. New Zealand.
    New Zealand is one of those places on my bucket list. :) some day....
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Cave crawling in the lava tube caves up at Tulelake
    Lava Beds National Monument
    Have been there a few times, my brother-in-law & I would grab a headlamp, hard hat, and stuff a water bottle in our pocket, leave camp & explore what ever hole in the ground going down we came across - didn't like the normal park ones there that have steps/ladders going down as much lol
    We would be belly crawling many hours just enjoying the caves, darkness, and complete quiet, would take our breaks wherever we decided and turn off our head lamps, sip water and just bask in the total darkness & silence
    Always think about those times, to bad I'll never be able to do that again :( Oh well at least I can walk again
    Take care of your backs guys, I never knew just how much messing it up could hinder life until it was to late
  • Options
    I visited the Ape Caves in Washington once. Really enjoyed it. Till I had to try to climb a smooth faced 8foot wall. HA!!! Being of my build and physical abilities... Ended up smashing my knee and bruising my hip. Lol
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juanitas no.3. Can't get enough of their nachos
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:

lol! Nothin beats good nachos!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Carne Asada fries from Filberto's, so damn unhealthy yet so damn good
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm addicted to road trips. Small towns and small roads are where you see the real America.

About 20 years ago I took a month off and cruised across the country with a friend of mine. I like to stay off the major highways as much as possible, everyone's in a hurry to get someplace and relax. Highway food is highway food, highway people are highway people. So I left my house and took a right at the end of the road went though NH, Vermont and upstate NY mostly on rural Rt9. Met some interesting people. Didn't pay a dime in tolls until I hit Ohio. Went on I90 through the mid-west to WA, stopping here and there. Even took off across the prairie sometimes just because. So desolate out there in some places, Montana and N Dakota, just beautiful. Met some interesting people there too, they wear guns. Stayed in Spokane for a few days with friends. Lots of cracked windshields out there, big business. Went down through Oregon to Santa Rosa CA, taking smaller roads. In northern CA ran across some real small towns and some old mine shafts there too. Met some real interesting people.

There's lots of great places but I think it's the people you meet and things you see on the way that you remember the most. Me and another Yankee walking into a hole in the wall bar in Gaffney SC at 11am, yup the real people, lol. Most trips I have more fun getting there then when we actually do arrive, although that's fun too.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lived on St. Croix for about six years starting in 1969. I got out of the Marines and hit the beach. Went diving four or five days a week and rode a motorcycle 365 days a year. No law to speak of it was kind of like the wild west. The weather was great and time stood still. Learned to sail and lived aboard a boat for most of a year. Wild and crazy time after the war in Vietnam.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Glacier National Park.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    danielzreyes:

lol! Nothin beats good nachos!
    Nachos aint got nuthin on this!!!
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that woman. It's my seventh grade spanish teacher, Mrs kolwaski.
  • Options
    Lmao!!!! Wasn't expecting this thread to take that turn! Lol
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I googled Rachel Nevada. Yeah, I like. (She's not one of those strippers.) She's a Radio DJ and does voice ads and promotions. (Now I want to hear what she sounds like. LOL Searching the net for it but haven't found her voice yet.)
  • Options
    Not the Rachel Nevada I was referring to... but that one is quite nice as well. ;)
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar.com forum.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spring Maid Pier Myrtle Beach SC. I can sit there for hours.