Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Piano recording app? Also how to read music?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
This is a two part post.... First off I was wondering if anyone knows of an app on the google market that will listen to you play piano and then translate it to sheet music that you can review afterwards? My wife is composing again (makes me super happy) and she gets thrown off when playing and then stopping to write it down. Doesn't need to be a free app... It will be worth the price.

Second. I'm trying to learn to read music... And ultimately play piano in the future. I want it to be a surprise to my wife so I'm trying to keep it unknown to her. Any advice? I've been looking over a few pics that show te notes and their positions in the sheet music and practicing on a few music reading test apps. It's kinda a hard process.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want to read sheet music for piano/organ or other instruments?
    Piano sheet music is a bit different than most other sheet music, in that it has a double row of notes.
    "The Entertainer" is a pretty simple song to learn. You might check into that.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Read sheet music for piano. I am slightly concerned about the treble and bass staffs. It's one thing to read one I them. But then I gotta learn how to read both and then equate it to the keys.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concentrate on one hand, then the other. Then work on the second hand.
    Be aware the piano music may not always have treble and bass clef music.
    It may be that both right hand and left hand may be treble clef.
    This page is probably the easiest basics I've seen for reading music.
    http://www.ace-your-audition.com/how-to-read-sheet-music.html
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    That is an awesome link! Thanks! :) gonna study it more tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Piano music (in my mind) is about recognizing the intervals between the notes. Get your brain to recognize the intervals, and you can get away from counting lines and spaces or using the all cows eat grass etc deals. Your can make yourself some simple flash cards to practice with.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Try reading an orchestral score!

I stink at piano, but after a while, things just get "natural". When I played trombone, I got to the point where note recognition was automatic, and automatically resulted in my sliding to the right note. There was little thought involved. Initially this was just with bass clef, then it went to tenor clef. I know treble clef but can't see it automatically. I still immediately recognize bass. Piano is hard, coordinating hands and feet. I can't imagine trying organ!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.