Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Smith and Wesson 38 special bodyguard

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Do you have one? Or do you have a similar revolver? I'm looking into getting a holster and a speed loader for mine. Was wondering if any of you have recommendations on where to get these goodies or any additional fun things. :) LETS TALK GUNS!!!!
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I have a 642 airweight 38 that is my normal carry gun. Holster is a Desantis soft tuk at about 4:00 position. I Tried a Remora holster, it was comfy and stayed put for the most part but I couldn't get past it not having a clip for my belt. I recently got a M&P 9 Shield that I'll probably start carrying g around once I find a good holster. Eyeing the Bianchi Professionals or another desantis.
  • Options
    I have an old black pancake owb holster if you want it. Should fit your gun, I switched to iwb holsters.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zombies are still a threat.......Winchester Zombie ammo.
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I have a 642 airweight 38 that is my normal carry gun. Holster is a Desantis soft tuk at about 4:00 position. I Tried a Remora holster, it was comfy and stayed put for the most part but I couldn't get past it not having a clip for my belt. I recently got a M&P 9 Shield that I'll probably start carrying g around once I find a good holster. Eyeing the Bianchi Professionals or another desantis.

Is that the hammerless J frame? What do you like about carrying it? dislikes? I'm still searching for a good summer carry combo
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not a good one for the S&W but check out N82 tactical holsters. Their professional holster is awesome.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    I haven't taken my conceal carry courses yet. I plan in doing so fairly soon so I haven't carried it yet. It's an ok little piece and is currently my home security system. It's a good little gun... But wont be my carry choice when I get certified. Lol we are looking at going camping in the forests sometime in the near future and was just planning on having it on me in case an animal decides to do something dumb. But today is gonna be dedicated to leaning oregons open carry laws.

I've taken it out shooting once. I put 50 rounds through it and didn't hit a single thing! For me it's ok. I chose it primarily so my wife had something comfortable in the hand and fairly user friendly when I'm out of the house at night. It wasn't my first choice but ultimately I am glad I picked it. It works really well for her smaller hands.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I have an old black pancake owb holster if you want it. Should fit your gun, I switched to iwb holsters.

I would love to give this a shot. :) right now then 38 is sitting in it's originally zipper pouch up on a high shelf in a lock box. Would be nice to have it in a holster instead of the pouch. Would take up less space. Plus it would give me a chance to get a feel for having a holster and an opportunity to work with one next time I go out shooting.
  • Options
    Sasquatch:
    Jetmech_63:

Is that the hammerless J frame? What do you like about carrying it? dislikes? I'm still searching for a good summer carry combo
    It is the hammerless J frame. By far the thing I like most is the comfort, there have actually been times where I forgot I was carrying it, the gun even loaded is extremely light. The desantis soft tuk has very soft hide and wicks away sweat with zero problems and without getting slimy like some finished holsters. It also doesn't rub a hole in your side and cause chaffing. Only complaint about it was it squeaked pretty bad when walking but a little break in (wear it around the house for a few days with your gun in it, and a small shot of conditioner and it went away. No complaint about the gun, I use 115 grain Winchester hollow points and can easily be accurate to 15-20 yards but it gets a little twitchy beyond that, typical snub nose. Putting a small Dab of fluorescent paint on the front sight ramp makes a night and day diffrence.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    I've taken it out shooting once. I put 50 rounds through it and didn't hit a single thing! For me it's ok
    Dude... Huh?
    Lol, pm me your address.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    LiquidChaos66:
    I've taken it out shooting once. I put 50 rounds through it and didn't hit a single thing! For me it's ok
    Dude... Huh?
    Lol, pm me your address.

I'll have a pm over to ya shortly. :) I don't get many chances to get out and go shooting. But I'm sure with more practice I will get better at hitting things. I'm ised to my brothers 9mm Sig for shooting. When I get my concealed permit I'm gonna get a Springfield XDS 45 for my regular carry. :) I prefer thy piece a lot more.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm most of the portland metro area prohibits open carry... :( concealed permit time it is.
  • Options
    TexvetTexvet Posts: 39
    Check out UBG Holsters at ubgholster.com. I've worn Nate's IWB (inside the waistband) holster all day, every day for many years. The quality and comfort is outstanding.
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. In colder weather, I normally just carry a full size. Once it gets warm I find myself just leaving it in vehicle more than carrying it. May not always be in car when needed, but due to shorts/shirts & all around warm sweaty weather I haven't found a smaller alternative. Guess this will give me a good excuse to spend a Saturday trying out various compacts.