Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Our storage unit got broken into

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
They hit about 8 units.
Insurance won't cover it, because we didn't have a rider policy on it and it wasn't at our home.
They disabled half the security cameras, but 3 cameras were on a separate circuit, so they have some leads to go by, but it isn't likely they'll recover much.
So now my shot glass collection is down to my most important ones, because they are in the display cabinets that my wife got me a bit ago.
The worst part is I have no idea what all they got, because we've had the storage unit so long. LOL!

I just hope they catch them.
A lot of other people got important stuff taken.
I was lucky, I mostly only lost the junk we don't have space for at the house.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Man, Sorry to hear this Brother,
    My sister & her husband had the same thing happen here in Reno a few years back, they sent him to Iraq so she went to stay with his mom at fort Bliss, left all there 3 bdrm home stuff in storage and the creeps took everything they owned from a gated two story storage yard with surveillance and an on site manager to boot, same as you ins wouldn't cover it (i don't know the specifics of why)

I hope they catch those pieces of trash that took your (and others) stuff
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks Tony, I hate thieves and their weasely ways! Hope they get 'em
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I'm really sorry to hear that Tony. I hope they can catch them. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    That really suck's sorry to hear that. Thank God it was the storage unit and not your house, anything I can do let me know. I have a few shot glasses kicking around.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here in North Carolina you can't protect personal property with deadly force. Damn shame.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks, sorry to hear. The lack of respect people are showing towards others and their property is sickening and only getting worse by the day. I hope they find scum that did this.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My handball partner is a life-long tech for an alarm company. He claims he has worked overtime every week this year. Every single week. For five years now, business has been thru the roof. We share our office building with a security firm. Same deal. Bad economic times are always good for the alarm business.

The ironic thing is, what's it stop? You look at the grainy unfocused pictures these security cameras typically take, you wonder how you would ever identify that hooded figure. And by the time you did, the stuff would have been sold at the flea market.

Sucks to get ripped off.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks. Hate thieves.

Shotglass collector huh? Noted
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry to hear that. I had my car broken into in my driveway one night. Since it was not in the garage the home owners insurance wouldn't cover it. That was the 3rd time the car was broken into.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    That sucks. Hate thieves.

Shotglass collector huh? Noted
    Thats what I was thinking. Do you need more? Iv got about 20 or so that I dont use.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I do not need more.
    I have enough. Last thing I need is more "things" bouncing around the house.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    They didn't get the Casa Fuente did they??
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. You just feel violated when that happens.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That stinks, Tony! I hope they catch the creeps!

I write homeowner's insurance here in PA, and the basic policy here has a provision that covers personal property stored away from the residence premises. This is a standard coverage... no special rider required. It provides coverage for 10% of the personal property amount. Maybe it's different in Washington, but I'd check into it.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon