Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

How Long Does It Take You To Pack Up A Flat Rate?

FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
Seems like it takes me forever. I usually try to send out a few (at least 2 or 3) at a time and it becomes a whole afternoon ordeal. I got to go through PM's or my list to get the address, check their bio wish and favorite list to see if I have anything on it, go to the humi or cooler where I think I have that cigar stashed (none of my three coolers are in the same spot of the house) pack up all the cigars, throw in a humi pillow, write a note, adress stamp and tape the crap out of the box, then save the tracking number to my phone or this site so I can get easy access to it for checking the status, kiss the box with love and send it off. I know we all go through the same process but why does it take me so long?

Anyways on to the real reason to all this rambling, I am way behind on several packages but I just spent $71 at the PO on stamps so be on the look out. Now all I need is the kids to go to bed early so I can do my favorite rituals in peace and quiet. That and go back for more stamps and box's to bomb some fresh meat. Only got just enough right now for some return fire.

Comments

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Not much of an ordeal on my end. I use the USPS website's click and ship program to print out the mailing labels with postageg plus save 25 cents off the regular price that way. I've always got a stash of at least 10 small flat rate boxes and the next size up. All cigars are located in the BFH.

Hardest part for me is cutting out the label and taping it to the box. The main post office is on my way to work so I just swing into the parking lot (its at 6:15AM so no one is there) ride right up to the door, dismount the hog and throw the box in the receptacle.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    you see yall are still shipping virgins, i have a scale, i order bulk box's from usps, i got a new printer and spare ink, my lables are sticky, and i use water tape when needed.
    you gonna play hard you need to be harcore!!!
    damn virgins , lol
  • Options
    BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    I have the post office deliver flat rate boxes. Then I use the click and ship to pay postage and print the label. Then I drop off the boxes at the PO.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bombed you in the time it took me to read your post.

I have all addys in a spreadsheet, and if you use the USPS site like Walt said you can save them to an address book for future use. I try to choose sticks people want to try or what I think they may like off their Bio so that may take some time.
  • Options
    rsherman24:

I have all addys in a spreadsheet, and if you use the USPS site like Walt said you can save them to an address book for future use. I try to choose sticks people want to try or what I think they may like off their Bio so that may take some time.
    Bwahaha... that's what I'm talking about. BTW... who did you bomb? Rob? or the DJ?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    rsherman24:

Bwahaha... that's what I'm talking about. BTW... who did you bomb? Rob? or the DJ?

Rob. Heard he is running low on sticks.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    WaltBasil:
    rsherman24:

Roger that.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absoooolutly know what you mean. I get my flat rates in a ten pack from the post office or have other sizes delivered. Pre-printed return labels are free from people who want your money and for some reason I have plenty of humi bags and zip locks. My problem is getting orders in and delivered. So, I might have flat rates ready to go weeks in advance but am waiting on cigars because not everyone likes what I smoke (which is a good thing in my view). i should change my avatar to "the 2nd Wed of the month".
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:

That's funny right there!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    rsherman24:
    WaltBasil:
    rsherman24:

Someone lied to you, send them to Walt. He has lots of room and I have zero space.
  • Options
    What is really funny, several of you commenting on here are the ones I had on my list....
  • Options
    FireRob:
    What is really funny, several of you commenting on here are the ones I had on my list....
    Rob, weren't you the one who last sent me some esteban something or others? The Covenent. Etc.? I'd have to go back and check my threads to be sure...
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I take the bag to the post office and put it in a box, write on the label and hand it to the folks. Easy lol.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    FireRob:
    Rob, weren't you the one who last sent me some esteban something or others? The Covenent. Etc.? I'd have to go back and check my threads to be sure...
    Umm no.... Walt, you might want to see a doctor about the memory confusion your experiencing (or get some pills from JD) If I recall correctly Sherm sent you some a while back. Yep, that's right, remember clear as day, it was Sherm. You and me are square, in fact I prob need to add you to the list cause I still got the better end of the deal on the "embarrassed by what's in your humi trade"
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Another nice thing about having the Wineador is it makes it pretty easy to pick sticks out. I've been stocking it up pretty well so far but still don;t have a whole lot in there which makes it easier too. I have to say though that it is easier picking out stuff to send than it is picking just one to smoke lol.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    FireRob:
    WaltBasil:
    FireRob:
    Umm no.... Walt, you might want to see a doctor about the memory confusion your experiencing (or get some pills from JD) If I recall correctly Sherm sent you some a while back. Yep, that's right, remember clear as day, it was Sherm. You and me are square, in fact I prob need to add you to the list cause I still got the better end of the deal on the "embarrassed by what's in your humi trade"
    We are more than square bro. In fact, I just smoked my last Covenent earlier this week. I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much just like this
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes me some time. Get the materials. Make sure I have the right sticks. Writed down all the addys. Package boxes. Wonder if I should or can put in another stick or two. Forget who the box is going to that I just taped shut. Drop off at USPS. Contemplate whether I packaged well enough and man I should have put in another stick. Go home. Do my home stuff. Forget about posting DC #s.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Pre-pick the sticks the night before and set them on top tray of humi. Writing a note and packing, fondling the sticks gently, about 30 minutes. Think about that next time I bomb you, your sticks have been fondled. Get my packaging materials from work, don't know what I'll do when I retire.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, you can schedule online for the Mailman to pick up a package from you mail box. No need to even go to the PO. Makes it quicker to punish the likes of sherm, shizz, etc. :)
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    FireRob:
    WaltBasil:
    FireRob:
    We are more than square bro. In fact, I just smoked my last Covenent earlier this week. I really enjoyed it.
    I have not tried that one yet, what about the Chupacabra's, finish those off?
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes awhile....mainly cause I can never find what I'm looking for right off the bat. But, then again, I rediscover lost cigars... Lol...
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    After recon on bio's Picking or buying is simple for me. The tough part is standing in line for 30 minutes while the people in front of me tell their life story to the postman!
  • Options
    FireRob:
    WaltBasil:
    FireRob:
    WaltBasil:
    FireRob:
    I have not tried that one yet, what about the Chupacabra's, finish those off?
    enjoyed them as well. I think they died of arsen within 2 weeks.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Hours......lol for multiple! ;-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang! Ya'll are hard core! Can't imagine having to search through multiple coolers to find specific sticks to send out. Got everything in one trusty humidor. Seem to bomb or smoke as many as I receive or buy, so everything stays pretty even.

Pick out the sticks I want to send, or stop at the B&M to grab a few, stop at the Post Office and pick up a few flat rates, and off they go. No muss. No fuss. No fondling. Easy peasy.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just took this challenge and the result was 2 Small Flat Rate boxes, 16 cigars total, in 7 minutes. I guess the results will be known on Monday on how well I did.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it to Todd to take up the challenge of finding out. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Dang! Ya'll are hard core! Can't imagine having to search through multiple coolers to find specific sticks to send out. Got everything in one trusty humidor. Seem to bomb or smoke as many as I receive or buy, so everything stays pretty even.

Pick out the sticks I want to send, or stop at the B&M to grab a few, stop at the Post Office and pick up a few flat rates, and off they go. No muss. No fuss. No fondling. Easy peasy.
    I honestly cannot imagine having that many cigars to go through.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:

Lately, I send an email saying I want to bomb this person, put me a package together and send it.
    A real nice person at ccom obliges. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.