Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A church protesting Robin Williams funeral?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
This makes no sense.
I'm not sure I understand what they are trying to accomplish, other than make noise and draw attention to themselves?
What motivates these people to do such a thing?

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=884556
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Before I read it, I figured it had something to do with him committing suicide. When I saw the group though....eff those guys.One time I was on funeral detail in Waco. Westboro Baptist Church showed up about an hour before the funeral to protest. About ten minutes later a patriotic biker gang showed up, and WBC beat feet. I'll never forget, the biker president told the detail NCO "I don't support the wars, but I'll be damned if we're going to let them disrespect this fallen soldier."
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westboro Baptist is not a church. They are a cult of bitter, angry and disturbed extremists. They have no connection to, or support from, any other branch of the Christian church. Most of this small group are related to each other, and members of the family have excommunicated other members over ridiculous and petty disagreements. It's a shame that they are perceived as representing the church or Christianity.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    westboro baptist is not only not a church, it represents no one but a few total nut jobs. They are sick people who like miley sirus, sharpton, jackson and the kardishans should never be given any publicity of any kind.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    This was one of my favorite responses to a Westboro protest, I think at the Aspen Film Festival.