Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Any BOTL Runners?

ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
Just wondering if any of you BOTLs are runners.

I'm pretty casual but love it. Average 4 miles several times a week. The current Texas heat makes it a bit more of a challenge at the moment. Looking forward to the Fall.

Comments

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I run Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Generally 2 miles each time. On the Bowflex treadmil while watching the morning news. Keeps the old ticker healthy and an old habit from my Army days.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run a few 8k's and 10k's..but nothing recently. I was telling myself the other day I need to start running on a regular basis..thanks for starting this thread mate!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I ran for a bit. No more than 3 mi/5 k. Thinking of getting back into it after finishing up Ruthless. I do walk quite a bit, though, taking the baby around. Probably average 2 miles a day.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I run from clowns, thats about it.

I was thinking about starting to jog, we have a 1/4 mile driveway to our mailbox.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    I run from clowns, thats about it.

I was thinking about starting to jog, we have a 1/4 mile driveway to our mailbox.
    slip n slide for dayyyyyyyys
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    DUring the good weather, I run (well, I'd say more of a well paced jog, actually) 4 days a week, around 5-6 miles each time. A bluetooth headphone connected to an iPod playing audiobooks or music is the only way I can make it bearable. That any my usual route is around a lake abutting a local women's college, which also makes it quite bearable.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run on occasion, but really need to get back into it on a regular basis. Last summer I was running every morning before work. But then I got lazy. My sister runs marathons and someday I would like to run at least a half marathon. But I am a long way from that right now.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't run regularly but I do run different races on occasion: 5k, Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash, half marathon. I keep telling myself I'm going to start running more and train for these events but that doesn't end up happening.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a runner but I'm a gym rat. Been working out two days a week in the summer and three days a week in the winter. Free weights and resistance machines, about 45 minutes. Then 1 1/2 mile fast walk. Been doing this for the past 10 years. I'll be 68 soon. Use it or lose it.
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the awesome responses!

I just want to encourage those of you who said you're thinking of running more often. One of the things I love about running is that even after a hiatus from running it only takes one run and I am a runner again! So get out there guys, just do one run and you will be started!

Had an fantastic run again this morning. I have to get out early to beat the heat. Walt - I also like to run every other day - normally Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That also helps me remember to run, "It's Friday - time to run!"