Home General Discussion
Options

I see you rollin, not hatin. Rollin those smokes all nice and pretty!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I successfully (mostly) rolled my first cigar this evening. I wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever smoked and to be honest, it was pretty loose and the burn was slightly off. That's okay though because I did it!

I used the Azucarado Oscuro blend kit from WLT. Ecuadorian Maduro wrapper over a Dominican binder with Flojo Viso and Nicaraguan Seco with just a little Dominican Ligero.

Burn and draw issues aside, it was a damn good smoke if I do say so myself. I'll have to keep practicing to get the roll right but I'm really glad you guys brought this up. I never would have even thought to try this on my own! Thanks!

photo 9204244a-db15-4d12-90a6-4e2a4959df40_zps0d900ec7.jpg

photo 616e2c68-1dd4-4380-b204-92cfe7c765de_zpsebb1cc35.jpg

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Nice man. Mine dont look that good yet. Im impressed.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Nice man. Mine dont look that good yet. Im impressed.
    I appreciate that, thank you! Although, to be honest, the wrapper does a good job at hiding imperfections. It was a whole lot of fun though and my hands smelled like tobacco for hours! The 2nd one I rolled was much tighter and best of all, it was straight!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbohon:
    Well, I successfully (mostly) rolled my first cigar this evening. I wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever smoked and to be honest, it was pretty loose and the burn was slightly off. That's okay though because I did it!

I used the Azucarado Oscuro blend kit from WLT. Ecuadorian Maduro wrapper over a Dominican binder with Flojo Viso and Nicaraguan Seco with just a little Dominican Ligero.

Burn and draw issues aside, it was a damn good smoke if I do say so myself. I'll have to keep practicing to get the roll right but I'm really glad you guys brought this up. I never would have even thought to try this on my own! Thanks!

photo 9204244a-db15-4d12-90a6-4e2a4959df40_zps0d900ec7.jpg

photo 616e2c68-1dd4-4380-b204-92cfe7c765de_zpsebb1cc35.jpg

Looking awesome, dude. Good job! This thread makes me wanna give it a try! You said you found a kit of tobacco to roll?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Yep! I sent you a PM with a link to the page.

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbohon:
    Yep! I sent you a PM with a link to the page.

Thank you!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Attempts 2 & 3. 3 has my first attempt at a triple cap.

photo fc3616e3-1ea9-462c-bac6-acd7615221c4_zpsd7a835d3.jpg

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbohon:
    Attempts 2 & 3. 3 has my first attempt at a triple cap.

photo fc3616e3-1ea9-462c-bac6-acd7615221c4_zpsd7a835d3.jpg

Looks pretty nice to me Jay, I'd say you have a talent for this!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    I don't know about that but I sure did have fun doing it. My office also smells fantastic right now!

• Options
    Oh yeah... I could get used to this. Sat down this morning and enjoyed my 2nd attempt at rolling my own. The burn was better than the first but still a little rough. The flavor and smoke were fantastic though! I only let it sit for a day, so I think it'll get better with some age. You guys got me hooked!

photo b05cca52-54a3-41ca-9b65-4f753bd07bda_zps950f0944.jpg

I'm not much of a nubber, so getting any stick down this far is unusual for me. I just couldn't put it down though.

photo 01b32487-348e-4516-94db-5769a264fa25_zpseb67f4d4.jpg

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swear to God I think you must have been a torcedor in a previous life.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    one last one and then I'm going to leave this alone. I can't thank you guys enough for sparking the interest in rolling. I'm starting to move into playing with the blends a little. That is proving to be interesting. I never knew that such small changes in the blend could make such noticeable differences in the smoke. Here's #5, resting now so that I may enjoy it later.

photo 6b4d2b31-0ca4-499e-96b8-88495c79f213_zps40937d76.jpg

• Options
    Nah don't leave it alone. I like lookin at yer pics.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    So what's the deal with that band? What compound are we lookin at?

• Options
    webmost:
    So what's the deal with that band? What compound are we lookin at?
    Hahaha... I was wondering if someone would ask. That's Trinitrotoluene.

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    TNT!!!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    TNT!!!
    hehehe...

• Options
    I figured it fits, with how many bombs we throw around here.

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    First off... I'm jealous. Lol second... Those sticks are lookin great! Very impressive and your rolling progress is awesome! They look pretty damn good! Third... That band is SWEET! :) keep the pics coming!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.