Home General Discussion
Options

The Son of the Beach is going back...

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, gang, it's that time again... Yep!! My child bride and I plan to arrive at Seacliff State Beach on the afternoon of September 5 and will spend 5 nights there, leaving for home on the morning of September 10. This is our final reservation for 2014 so if you'd care to join us for wanton, carefree herfing and consuming copious quantities of alcoholic libations this would be the time to do it.

It's not necessary to bring numerous cigars to pass around because I don't have numerous cigars with which to reciprocate. Just bring what you want to smoke and drink and we'll play the rest by ear. Any and all BOTLs/SOTLs capable of making the trip are welcome so consult your calendar and make your plans now.

CAPISCE??!!

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    If you ever come to Arkansas.........Id be down. Lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    If you ever come to Arkansas.........Id be down. Lol

I've been to Arkansas - back in the late 70's - and liked it. But the beach is too big for me to bring back there. Sorry. You'd sure be welcome out here, though.....
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    :)
  • Options
    jliu:
    :)

You're looking awfully smug, Jiunn Bug. Do you know something I don't know??
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    He smiles like the Joker.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Bumpity bump. The time for herfing on the beach is getting closer. Better mark your calendar. Prime days would be 9/6 or 9/7 (Sat. & Sun.) for you folks who work weekdays.
  • Options
    Well, the Herf went off as planned.. Horst hiked in from the north - about a 45 minute hike - claims his wife dropped him off up there - well, maybe.

Jiunn was able to make it this time. And he came bearing gifts - even after being told to skip that part - but you all know Jiunn. He's a generous guy. Thanks, Jiunn, for the goodies but also for showing up this time. We really enjoyed having you.

And then, get this, Jiunn hands me a surprise package from Todd (BandyT09) who couldn't make it to the Herf but who wanted me to have a few choice delectables such as you see here:

photo D7C73545-CA4B-4FEA-9E55-8E21CAEBC067.jpg

There's a special side-story regarding one of those delectables. The MB II was originally part of a set - the I, II, and III. The set was gifted to Todd by Tony (SleevePlz). Todd has smoked the III and, with Tony's blessing, Todd decided to give the II to me since I had expressed a desire to try one of them.

So a special thank you to Todd and Tony for this chance (probably never to be repeated) to smoke an MB II. There simply isn't any way to express fully the feeling of love and brotherhood that passes from BOTL to BOTL on this forum.

As for the rest of those delectables, there's a My Father Cedro Deluxe, a Camacho with which I'm unfamiliar, a La Gloria Cubana, and a Nub Habano. Again, Todd, grazie mille. You're a special guy.

And then we come to the attendees of this epic Herf: photo 7464F0BC-B717-4E30-B9FA-FF921C85E989.jpg

That's me on the left. Of course you knew that. The most handsome guy there, right? Next is Horst (Kingofthecove) giving me the rabbit ears. Then Jiunn, in all his glory in the red shirt. But wait, you say, who's that in the yellow shirt??

Well, his name is Rob. He's from Merced, CA, and was camped next to us with his son and stepson. When we introduced ourselves I asked Rob if he was into cigars and he said he was. So I gave him one and invited him to Herf with us. Nice guy, nice kids, nice family.

And so ends another extremely pleasant and satisfying Herf on the beach at Seacliff. Stay tuned for news of the next fantastic Herf.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Marty looks like a great time had by all, thanks for sharing and love the pics :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Did jiunn poop in your rv?
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    nope. but i did take 9 dumps from yesterday morning to this morning. you think i'm kidding but i'm not
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    nope. but i did take 9 dumps from yesterday morning to this morning. you think i'm kidding but i'm not
    Nice jacket.....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Nice jacket.....
    aha! i was hoping you'd get on and notice. i actually wear that alot esp when i'm having a cigar. i'll be wearing it in chicago. as well as the salmon thong you sent me ;)
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Nice jacket.....
    aha! i was hoping you'd get on and notice. i actually wear that alot esp when i'm having a cigar. i'll be wearing it in chicago. as well as the salmon thong you sent me ;)
    Tease...
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:

No, but since he wouldn't show me his "housebroken" certificate I made him use the public restroom next door to where we're parked. At least it was convenient.... LOL
  • Options
    jliu:
    ...... as well as the salmon thong you sent me ;)

Boy, now THERE'S an assault on the visual senses if ever there was one...... LMAO
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Nice jacket.....
    Tease...
    and now we know why Romans taking a break! Jiunn you broke his heart
    Money can't buy taste