Home General Discussion
Options

Ozone Generator Question

I have a small room (10x'12' or so) and I would like to smoke in it occasionally. If I smoked in the morning and turned the ozone generator on while i went to class for 3 hours, would that be enough time to remove the smoke smell from the room?
Also, can anyone recommend me a good ozone generator?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    I have a small room (10x'12' or so) and I would like to smoke in it occasionally. If I smoked in the morning and turned the ozone generator on while i went to class for 3 hours, would that be enough time to remove the smoke smell from the room? Also, can anyone recommend me a good ozone generator? Thanks!
    Three hours may be pushing it... I have had great success in 3 hours in a similar room but that's after the smoke was 24 hours gone and I smoked with a window open to ventilate...

That being said after 3 hours the room will maybe only smell FAINTLY like smoke and that's all depending on what's in the room. The more cloth (furniture) or Carpet the more time it will take to get the smoke out

Csonka's entry level one I have and it works fantastic!!!
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Hm, what if I got a larger one? If I'm correct, the entry level Csonka ozone generator is good for 500 sq ft. What if I got one for 1,000+ sq ft? Will that make the process faster?
  • Options
    MAJORdorMo:
    Hm, what if I got a larger one? If I'm correct, the entry level Csonka ozone generator is good for 500 sq ft. What if I got one for 1,000+ sq ft? Will that make the process faster?
    I thought the same thing... My Csonka had a return policy so I thought I'd try it... I am NOT going back to a bigger one..

I would only assume that the bigger the Ozone Generator the faster it works... but don't know for sure
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    3 hours for the 1000sq. ft. one will be enough.
  • Options
    Wonderful! Thanks! I'll be ordering soon.
  • Options
    One more question: Would it be best to use the ozone generator with the window open or closed?
  • Options
    Window closed. The ozone genny is producing a gas.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    yeah, but if he leaves the window open he can help patch up that hole on the Ozone layer. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    cabinetmaker:
    yeah, but if he leaves the window open he can help patch up that hole on the Ozone layer. :)
    Space aliens need an entry point, filling that back up might just be kinda racist....
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    j0z3r:
    cabinetmaker:
    Space aliens need an entry point, filling that back up might just be kinda racist....
    Filthy Aliens taking our jobs and ruining OUR economy! We should build a fence!