Home General Discussion

New! "Pick-My-Stick" J Fuego wins !! REVIEW COMPLETE

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Battle of the bargains tonight!

You know the drill, I list three sticks, you pick the one for me to smoke and do a mini review with wildlife pics! I might even smoke in the woodshed!

All sticks for tonight I got for about $2

1. J Fuego Origen
2. Palo Prieto
3. Carlos Torano Loyal

Vote early and often

Thanks!

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    J. Fuego Origen
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    J. Fuego Origen

+1
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    kuzi16:
    J. Fuego Origen

+1
    +2
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    jd50ae:
    kuzi16:
    J. Fuego Origen

+1
    +2
    +3
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold one
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Palo
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J. Fuego fella
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Palo
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Chemnitz:
    jd50ae:
    kuzi16:
    J. Fuego Origen

+1
    +2
    +3
    +5
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    J Fuego winning by a big margin. No Torano fans here I see. Maybe next time i will do three different Torano's lol.

I will head out to smoke around 7Pm MST so voting is still open. V-Herf if anyone else will be on.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    Palo
    +1 it's shiny and made of gold!!!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    J Fuego wins for tonight ..... off to do my duty.

Thanks y'all for voting !

Review will follow tonight or tomorrow.
    The J Fuego Origen won and I did my best to destroy the evidence.

Examining the stick pre light found one minor flaw in the wrapper. No big deal especially for a stick that cost me $1.90. Nice firm feel and a nice chocolate Brazilian Corojo wrapper.

Cut with Xi2 and toasted with a nice soft flame. First few puffs were a bit of spice and tons of smoke. Enjoying subtle flavors and perfect draw. (dont ask me for specific flavors as I dont have a good palate and I should probably call it my pallet)

This sure doesnt seem like a 2 buck stick. This has great flavor and perfect burn. The wrapper did split a bit but didnt affect anything. Nice firm long ash too. Everyone likes a firm ash.

I tend to smoke slow and this robusto lasted over an hour and a half. Longer than I expected. Maintained a nice spicy flavor and perfect burn. Burned clean past the wrapper issue with no ill effects. No wild life tonight but I did try out my new woodshed aka smoke shed.

I really enjoyed this stick. Dont let the price fool you this is a fine smoke. In a blind test I would never have guessed. Smoked this down to the nub and enjoyed every second. Your taste may be different than mine but I suspect most people will really enjoy this stick.

I put this one very high on my list and will always have them in my humidor. I also have the Maduro version and the Corojo Oscuro version and now I am expecting equally good things from them.

Thanks to all who helped "Pick-My-Stick"
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent Jim!! Thanks for the review and great shots! Man it's been a longtime since I had J. Fuego, need to revisit!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Jim. I really enjoy the Origen Originals vitola for a great short smoke. Absolutely delicious!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    The J Fuego Origen won and I did my best to destroy the evidence.

Examining the stick pre light found one minor flaw in the wrapper. No big deal especially for a stick that cost me $1.90. Nice firm feel and a nice chocolate Brazilian Corojo wrapper.

Cut with Xi2 and toasted with a nice soft flame. First few puffs were a bit of spice and tons of smoke. Enjoying subtle flavors and perfect draw. (dont ask me for specific flavors as I dont have a good palate and I should probably call it my pallet)

This sure doesnt seem like a 2 buck stick. This has great flavor and perfect burn. The wrapper did split a bit but didnt affect anything. Nice firm long ash too. Everyone likes a firm ash.

I tend to smoke slow and this robusto lasted over an hour and a half. Longer than I expected. Maintained a nice spicy flavor and perfect burn. Burned clean past the wrapper issue with no ill effects. No wild life tonight but I did try out my new woodshed aka smoke shed.

I really enjoyed this stick. Dont let the price fool you this is a fine smoke. In a blind test I would never have guessed. Smoked this down to the nub and enjoyed every second. Your taste may be different than mine but I suspect most people will really enjoy this stick.

I put this one very high on my list and will always have them in my humidor. I also have the Maduro version and the Corojo Oscuro version and now I am expecting equally good things from them.

Thanks to all who helped "Pick-My-Stick"
    I appreciate the review, bro. Love the wood/smoke shed! Going to have to try some of these now.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Nice legs! Shed is ok too