Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Meaningful Bomb

No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I thought this was really cool. Today was my last day working in the lab I did my masters in at URI. My advisor brought coffee and doughnuts which was great, then I got a big surprise. There is a Navy Officer some of you may have heard me talking about how he is taking over my thesis project so he can get his masters. I've been working with him almost every day for 2 months so cigars have come up (he has smoked but isn't a BOTL really). Apparently on the base here in Newport there's a store with cigars that he went to a picked these up for me as a thank you for helping him. It's really the thought that makes this just an incredibly meaningful bomb! Not gonna be my faves, but I'll smoke every one with pride.

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome! Nice to be rewarded like that. Much deserving!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Great of him to do that, very thoughtful
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome thanks for sharing! And those are some decent sticks, the La Traviata Maddie is seriously under rated and a great stick! Plus the Cega Fina is pretty good too, can't say off the top of my head but that may be one if the VF's that Jose Seijas blended and if so than it's even better than I think, love his blends.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a pretty decent line-up! It's nice to get recognized well done Sam!!
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking sticks Sam! How's the new gig going?
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always nice when someone puts some thought in what they are getting you.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Yea it's really cool. I start at the Navy on the 8th though as long as I get my final transcripts handed in soon. I wonder how well they are kept at a non-cigar store so I'll keep em in my humi for a little while before burning the hell out of them.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There ya go.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Sammy. You arw going to make a wonderful husband
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Oh Sammy. You arw going to make a wonderful husband
    You make a great liar.