Home General Discussion

Chocolate Anyone?

I stopped in my local B&M this afternoon because they were having a Perdomo event. Billy Perdomo was on site hand rolling cigars. It was a real treat. I got one of his hand rolled cigars and just finished it - it was awesome. Anyway, while I was there I was talking with some of the folks and we got on the topic of what you like to drink when enjoying a cigar. One person said they like to nibble on chocolate. It struck me as really odd, but I decided to give it a try. While I'm not sure I'll do it again, the taste combination was really quite good. Has anyone out there ever tried combining some chocolate (yea, a chocolate bar) with a cigar? It was surprisingly enjoyable.

Comments

• ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    That's a new one for me. I will never say never, but I doubt it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yes. dark chocolate is better. how did i stumble accross this? My wife and I run a gourmet chocolate thing on the side. we make just about anything you can make with chocolate... including truffels.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    never thought about eating chocolate while smoking, but eating chocolate AFTER a cigar is quite nice, almost tastes like a smores. Once time I started smoking a cigar on an empty stomach, I started to feel a little queasy so I started eating some french bread. That was a decent paring as well. I dont really eat anything or drink anything but water with my cigars, I feel that anything in my mouth other than smoke takes away from the cigar. Though I have been known to eat a steak with a cigar, now thats damn fine dining!
  • I have actually been excited aobut my first pairing I like...regular iced tea. It goes nice over the palate for a little cleaning, and the taste dissapates quilckly. Im usually a water guy as well.
  • matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54

Don't ask why, but I happened to be enjoying a nice glass of jack on the rocks with a cigar and the girl I was with asked me to try her chocolatini. I tried it and it was quite good. After reading this discussion I now know that it was the cigar and not the drink that was good. I will never try a flavored martini...that is unless it is chocolate with a cigar. LOL The bread thing sounds like a good idea and much more plausible in my current living arrangement.

-Matt

• 6clicks6clicks Posts: 34
    I enjoy a snifter of Sambuca with a smoke. I'm gonna try the chocolate though. Sounds like an interesting pairing.