Home General Discussion
Options

Sacramento Move?

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well I just applied to a position in Apple that would require me and the family to relocate to the Sacramento/Elk Grove area... Will be a few weeks until the interview and then a bit if time after that to even know if I got the job or not. It's a long shot position for me a would be a significant promotion, but I've stacked the deck in my favor and the hiring manager seems to like me so we shall see. Keep your fingers crossed fellas, I may be moving to Cali if I'm lucky enough to earn this promotion ;)
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be great news! Pulling for you... You could herf with Jason and Jay!!
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Bro. I hope everything works out for you.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    That would be great news! Pulling for you... You could herf with Jason and Jay!!
    Thanks Jim I hope so too... Like I said it would be a long shot for me and it's an extremely competitive position to earn but I've set myself up as well as possible and have the support and reference from one of the highest rated people currently in that role.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    Good luck Bro. I hope everything works out for you.
    a Thanks Sherm really appreciate it!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Well I just applied to a position in Apple that would require me and the family to relocate to the Sacramento/Elk Grove area... Will be a few weeks until the interview and then a bit if time after that to even know if I got the job or not. It's a long shot position for me a would be a significant promotion, but I've stacked the deck in my favor and the hiring manager seems to like me so we shall see. Keep your fingers crossed fellas, I may be moving to Cali if I'm lucky enough to earn this promotion ;)

Does he smoke cigars? Give us his addy and we will bomb the beejeebies out of him, that's the ticket.
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    90+ Irishman:

Does he smoke cigars? Give us his addy and we will bomb the beejeebies out of him, that's the ticket.
    bwahahahahaha if only :P
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Hope it goes well for you, Brett. Also, Apple is really expanding its facilities here in Austin. Do you know if anything related to your field is in Austin?
  • Options
    Chemnitz:
    Hope it goes well for you, Brett. Also, Apple is really expanding its facilities here in Austin. Do you know if anything related to your field is in Austin?
    Yes there is but the only opening currently is in Elk Grove. Austin is one of the major sites though so it's an area I'm always keeping my eyes on.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you Brett. Hope you like Cali :)
  • Options
    Well I did visit once a while back for a week at Laguna Beach and liked that, but Elk Grove ain't exactly Laguna Beach hahahaha. It would be an amazing opportunity and would be what I need to truly launch a long term career at Apple.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck my friend. Mrs. Slob and I are pulling for you!
  • Options
    Thank you Tom, really!!!
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Chemnitz:
    Yes there is but the only opening currently is in Elk Grove. Austin is one of the major sites though so it's an area I'm always keeping my eyes on.
    Wow, that'd be great. I live about 5-10 minutes from their campus. A buddy of mine used to work there and said it was the best company he ever worked for. Great benefits and a decent wage. Would you be doing Applecare over the phone? I will be sending you all the positive vibes I can. Let me know how if you decide to move here and I can give you the lowdown on neighborhoods, schools, B&M's, the important stuff you know. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks Jason that's really kind of you and would be extremely helpful if it goes this way. I already work for Apple in the AppleCare division and am about to reach 2 years with the company, so this would be me going for one of the higher levels out there. Would love to herf with y'all, plus it'd be great to have friends in the area!!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck brett. sounds like you'll have a leg up on the competition, pulling for ya bro.

if all works out in your favor...can i assume you'll be bumpin' this jam in the uhaul the whole way there???!!!!
    lol

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    good luck brett. sounds like you'll have a leg up on the competition, pulling for ya bro.

if all works out in your favor...can i assume you'll be bumpin' this jam in the uhaul the whole way there???!!!!
    lol
    Hahahahahaha you got it :P
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    ohhh nice! best of luck dude
  • Options
    Thanks man, would make it tons easier to make it to the different Cali herfs haha
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember these two words: Mother Lode. Buy yourself a murdersickle, hop on 88 or 50 East (IIRC) and enjoy. Beautiful.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    welcome to My neck of the woods I think it may be appropriate to just bomb you and drop some dimes that you are in the area. Elk Grove does have a nice little cigar lounge there. and your not far from the one in sac too :)
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Brett
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    oh fine..move further away...lol good luck man
  • Options
    Thanks guys like I said its a long shot for me to even get this so we will see how it goes over the next few weeks ;)
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    oh fine..move further away...lol good luck man
    Lol knew this was going to be your response :P
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I do like a good hamburger.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome man good luck!!
    Money can't buy taste