Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A fundraiser in my mothers name..

Hello gang, I am trying to raise money to donate to the local school library my mother worked at for years and also hep. c research. Any donations would be fantastic. She loved reading and loved seeing children read even more, it was her passion until the day she passed. She has been gone for a year now. I have talked to the school, and we plan on buying a set of books and a picture with a plaque in her name that will stay in the library until the day it closes down. Also making a donation to Hep. c research as this is the disease that took her life, she fought longer than 90% of people with the disease and she would love the fact that she may still be helping others to fight and to live on. If you cant donate, I understand, but please share via facebook, twitter, email or however you can.

Thanks everyone

Here is the link to the donation page

http://www.gofundme.com/e15vnw

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Mother, in her 90s, teaches reading to adults in the Myrtle Beach area and I always thought what a great thing to do. Things are tight right now but I will check TSWOTM when I get paid and see what I can send. People who make a difference should be remembered.

PM me your PayPal or address if you prefer a check.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    My Mother, in her 90s, teaches reading to adults in the Myrtle Beach area and I always thought what a great thing to do. Things are tight right now but I will check TSWOTM when I get paid and see what I can send. People who make a difference should be remembered.

PM me your PayPal or address if you prefer a check.
    wow, forgot the link to the page, first post is edited. I thank you for your words
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump... There will be auctions for this soon... Stay tuned
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Jim, you are to much..it's really not needed. The fundraising is going good. Over 1k already!