travel lighter/torch

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I guess I have to ask,
    If you are traveling, why bother?
    Buy a lighter when you get there and toss it when you get ready to leave.
    Not sure I understand the fuss.

Exactly my thoughts.  When I go to Vegas we just buy a couple of cheap torches and a nice when we get there.  They work great for the whole time and I leave the torches for the maid, along with all the unopened booze, for the maid.  My buddy tosses the box before we leave.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of folks who use B&M stores to take advantage of their proximity, expertise and stock so you can see what you like and then find and buy that item online to save a few bucks. Do you think that's why they are in business, to be used that way? You will pay a few extra bucks for their service and selection as it should be. That's how you can help keep them in business so they're there the next time you need something.

If you want to take advantage of the stock and personnel in a B&M and if they have what you like, buy from them. Otherwise research and shop on line and don't waste their time. IMO, shopping a B&M and then buying online is just wrong.

I speak from experience as a former owner of a retail specialty shop for 13 years.

Sorry for my rant!

I have people calling me all the time on how to do this and that on parts and acc. they have bought online. I had a guy come in the other day and wanted me to show him how to put on a hyper charger on his bike that he bought the part online. I told him I would have to charge him and he got a bit p!ssed at me. Was it really worth saving that $10 for him. Dang Rocket, now you got me mad!
    I only buy the taa stuff online anymore... I like my local b&m's and well pretty much work for nothing at them. It's actually funny since the customers always ask why don't you hire that guy? Well I guess they don't think I have a job Monday-Friday. But yeah I agree with what's been said! There are a couple guys that use the lounge and buy 1 box a year from this one place and thinks that's enough! The one guy always bosts about the great deal he got on them...oh his filthy rich too! But I guess those are the people that bring booze to a bar and see nothing wrong with it right?! I admit I bring a lot of cigars with me to my b&m but I pretty much work there...I know the inventory better then most of the employees. I buy lunch every Saturday and I fix everything that breaks for free. Ugh where am I going with this rant? I guess it is to say well at least contribute as I also think of this forum! Please contribute! Ccom is free so please put some good stuff out there and always try to add something even if it's here or at a b&m
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My local understands that there are cigars I buy online.
    Stuff he can't carry.
    But he also knows that there are cigars that he specifically gets for me, that I buy from him. Every box I have asked him to carry for me, 1916s, Salutem, My Father and those types, he sells out pretty quickly.
    It irritates me a little that someone is buying up my cigars there, but also makes me happy, cause they are fast movers, which means it would seem a lot of people like what I like. 

He wins, cause he sells quite a few. I win, cause if he can get a cigar I want, he will.

I tell my boys that there is a lot to be said for dealing with one place regularly.

Just like yesterday, we went to the lumber store.
    One of the guys, says "pull around back, we have something you'll like."
    Which normally means one of those deals that's gonna cost me, cause I can't pass it up.
    They had four 20' 4x4 pressure treated posts that they wanted me to load up on my truck. How much, I asked, in my "what's this gonna cost me?" voice.
    "No, load them up and take them away. We don't want to be tripping over them all the time." 
    OK!
    Evidently, 20' posts are slow movers. LOL!

What I'm getting at is, Take care of them, they take care of you.
    Especially if they treat you like a good customer.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.