Home Cigar 101

Cohiba questions.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have only smoked 1 other Cohiba before today, so I did a little reading.

Do I understand correctly that most of the Cohibas I see talked about (and pictured) on this forum are "real" Cuban's? Other then the Red Dots of course.

Comments

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    If the ones you are referring to have yellow and black with white squares on the bands, then yes those are cc cohibas.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of them with the yellow checkered bands are real fake cubans.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This is a real cc siglo ivphoto 54817EC4-7F39-4BAE-897F-03FB68795FD2.jpg
    Money can't buy taste
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Yep, VERY different animals. I don't care for the NC Cohibas (the black is the best of the lot for me), but the CC's aren't bad except for their price. There are other CC's I like better at much more reasonable prices. Plus those and the Monte 2's seem to be the most often faked.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    JD, did you like it? and would you smoke it again ?
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retircs1:
    JD, did you like it? and would you smoke it again ?

I did indeed. I would smoke it again, in fact the 2nd one is going into "The Box" which is where I put cigars I like and want to age some. It was a much bigger ring gauge then the ones I normally smoke, and I will probably smoke it outside to lessen the potential fire hazard.

You have a PM about the recipe.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it was such a good experience for you JD, you'll have to try the CC sometime ;) Of the non-Cuban stuff I personally like the XV best though I haven't had one for years need to get some when I finally have money again lol. Oh and the original one if theirs the "Red Dot" is pretty good with a couple years on it. Hope that helps.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • I have very mixed feelings on Cohiba. when i first started cigar smoking and i would get them from the states they we not good. Over here in Asia though you see a lot of Cohiba's most places that sell cigars will be stocked full of Cuban Cohiba's, and they are such a good smoke. I'll either get a Cohiba or a Romeo Y Julieta Churchill (yeah, i'm picky with that type of cigar). and i am almost never disappointed. I have still yet to try another non-cuban cohiba though in a while.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I smoke a stick back in the day about 15 years ago, it was the best cigar I have had, but I cant remember what it was I know it had a black and yellow band, it had eluted me every since like my "Eleanor" I pretty sure it was a Cohiba
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • PapaWhiskeyPapaWhiskey Posts: 10

I just puffed a Cohiba Nicaragua I received from the weekly deal and it was great! Even now I'm still holding it in my mouth enjoying the flavor of the cold stub. I've never had a Cuban Cohiba but the Cohiba Nicaragua is delicious.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum, Paw paw.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Thanks Yakster. Love the Whimpy tag line!

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we know another guy from Mass named Pete

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

@pwauxiloncom said:
    I just puffed a Cohiba Nicaragua I received from the weekly deal and it was great! Even now I'm still holding it in my mouth enjoying the flavor of the cold stub. I've never had a Cuban Cohiba but the Cohiba Nicaragua is delicious.

First, welcome to the forum. Next, did you smoke it? You said you puffed it. I am assuming you smoked it, and “flavor of the cold stub” sounds horrible. You’re new here so you will be roasted when you say crazy shyt like that. Burnt nubs are to be flung far or buried. Don’t even leave them in the ashtray. They are odorous waste once the fire is gone. Or are you one of those guys that never lights his cigar and just slobbers around with it?

P.S. On your post above I gave you a “like” reply because I like when new guys join. But somebody gave you a WTF reply. I bet they were also grossed out because of your “enjoying the flavor of the cold stub” comment, but don’t let us stop you from having a good time if that’s what you want to do.

Welcome to the forum.

You guys are funny :) Yes, I smoked it and it went out but was short and I didn't have a place within arms reach to toss it so I held it in my mouth. I do agree the nubs should be tossed and I don't save them but I have to admit I do sometimes slobber on a cigar until I can relight or toss. I like it. To each his own right?