Home General Discussion
Options

Higher End Cigars Help

Im in the mood to try a few pricier cigars. Just not sure which ones I should get. Opus x, padron maduro, anejos, god of fire? Any that you believe are a must for a cigar smoker. Just the thought of spending x amount of dollars is a bit unsettling, but I have never tried the higher end sticks. Any input in steerimg me to and away from various brands? Thanks for your time, Christian

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you just listed are good. Minus the GOF. Those are just meh imo. Add Davidoff too
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    What you just listed are good. Minus the GOF. Those are just meh imo. Add Davidoff too
    Davidoff is meh or good?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you enjoy smoking now? Do you like mild, med, full? I am sure you will get a lot of different responses but you probably want to get something in the profile you like.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    What do you enjoy smoking now? Do you like mild, med, full? I am sure you will get a lot of different responses but you probably want to get something in the profile you like.
    Im pretty open to try anything once. I do tend to lean towards maduros. Although not a high end cigar, the garcia blue label maduro is nice. The wrapper smells wonderul and sweet.
  • Options
    christian1971:
    danielzreyes:
    Davidoff is meh or good?
    sorry, should have clarified ... Davidoff is good stuff
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    christian1971:
    danielzreyes:
    Davidoff is meh or good?
    sorry, should have clarified ... Davidoff is good stuff
    No problemo.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If say it depends entirely on what flbairs and profiles you generally enjoy. Dollar amount doesn't equate to a good cigar for you if it won't already be in line with what you currently like smoking. Give us a list if your favorite smokes right now and we can point you in the right direction.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMHO from what you have listed is a good start! The anejos are great smokes but if you want a must try cigar my vote is the padron family reserve 45 maduro!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    If you can find anejos for retail they're not that pricey. And if you can leave 'em alone a year they're magic.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liga Privada No.9. Sooo good...

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    I think that all the suggestions are great but would like to remind us all that those cigars are great for us, may not hit Christians palate right even though it dies ours. We should find out what he already liked best and provide specific recommendations based if that so we have a grater chance if getting a special cigar that will hit him just right...
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Cc :)
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    is cost strictly how your judging a "High End" cigar?
  • Options
    jliu:
    Cc :)
    snooby stop promoting crack cocain!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    bolivar libertador :)
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Stupid Snoob
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    jliu:
    soon to be mine. I can't wait
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    soon to be mine. I can't wait
    oh Danny you'll be ok ;)
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Lee.mcglynn:
    IMHO from what you have listed is a good start! The anejos are great smokes but if you want a must try cigar my vote is the padron family reserve 45 maduro!!
    This one ^^ or for a little less $$ wise the Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro is another excellent choice
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Buy a box of Ramon Bueso Genesis Toros................no...............buy 2 boxes.
    They can be had/found for under $50................often.
    Put them away for a year.
    You've paid less than $2.50 for a cigar that will taste like something much pricier next fall..............I promise.
    Your welcome.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Buy a box of Ramon Bueso Genesis Toros................no...............buy 2 boxes.
    They can be had/found for under $50................often.
    Put them away for a year.
    You've paid less than $2.50 for a cigar that will taste like something much pricier next fall..............I promise.
    Your welcome.
    Agreed. And I'd like to add CAO Brazilia and Oliva O maduros to the list of great cigars that won't break the bank but age well and what's more satisfying than a bargain that tastes great? I know the original post was about high end smokes but I can't help it. I'm a bargain hunter.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this where I suggest something from Victor Sinclair? ;-)

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actual footage from the national convention of Victor Sinclair Lovers of America.

• Options
    Bob Luken:

Actual footage from the national convention of Victor Sinclair Lovers of America.

Looks accurate to me ;)
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    lonewolf2011:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    This one ^^ or for a little less $$ wise the Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro is another excellent choice
    Don't think I'll ever forget my first Padron 1926 Maduro, out of the ones you listed that gets my vote as my favorite.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:

That's me on the far left.

• Options
    YankeeMan:
    Bob Luken:

That's me on the far left.

YankeeMan raising the roof while simultaneously breaking a hip :P
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    cough** cough** Kristoff....

Aj
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone going to jump on board with me in saying that the price of the cigar does GENERALLY go hand in hand with how good it is? I mean, I can find some decent 3 dollar sticks and some good 6 dollar ones-------but to say I can get stuff in that range or some weird private/web blend to appease me like a Padron Anny, Opus X, Davidoff Nicraguan, Tat Reserve, LP blends, ect.....sorry just VERY RARELY the case to me.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I'd second the Anejo's and throw in the Diamond Crown family of smokes!