Home General Discussion
Options

Nubs?

Was wondering what you guys think of Nubs? Are they worth try?

Comments

• Options
    AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Depends on the person I guess. Since I'm new to cigars, I see cigars as an adventure, not as a nicotine fix, and I'm willing to try anything in the name of fun. Some people however have a lot more experience and have developed a personal preference, for example, and dont like to smoke anything thicker than a corona. Nubs are pretty thick so you have to take that into consideration. I have never had a NUB but they are definitely on my to-do list.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Not bad at all..c bid has them super cheap.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had them all. They are all respectable smokes. If you can find them the Double Maduro is to die for. I prefer the torpedo in them with their ring gauge size...makes it a little more manageable.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep. worth a try. The ring gauge is kinda thick but it's good.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good tobacco, the ring size makes it "no-buy" for me. The good thing about them is that you hit the "sweet spot" right away. If I were into smoking 1/4 of a cigar and then tossing it, and I'm surprised how many people that description fits, they'd be worth it. But that's just me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:

That's what she said. High five.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every now and then I like a Nub. The Nubs I have smoked are very constant.The maduro is nice but the ring size makes it hard to manage for me. For me it's more of a novelty smoke. I'll go with a nice robusto before a Nub.
  • Options
    11rocket1111rocket11 Posts: 138
    Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Camaroons are tasty.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20:
    Bob Luken:

Dang! LOL
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nub Dub... When they come back in I will send you some...far and away the best nub.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Nub Dub... When they come back in I will send you some...far and away the best nub.
    Thank you so much for the offer Jim, however absolutely unnecessary. Was thinking about trying the sample from the email yesterday.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Edna20:
    Bob Luken:

High five!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nub Dub and cameroon are worth trying. Great cigars.
    The rest of the line, for me is just ok.
    For me, I have a hard time buying them, because it is a mental thing.
    Half a cigar is half a cigar.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this counts but check out the Diesel Shorty... I thought it was solid and if you can put some away--- very good!!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok I've heard nubs referred to as smoking the sweet spot...but IMHO the sweet spot is made buy the build of the cigar ie how it was blended and the tar build up. So how can a pure cigar that was just lot be the sweet spot??? It never made sense to me I've never had one due to rg and probably won't but always wondered how a just lit cigar can have the same effect as a half smoked cigar
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    I'll keep an eye out for the Shorty and hopefully put some to rest for a while.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    The cameroons are nice
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to trying some of the nub caf
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the nub dubs! Just recently tried the nub Cameroon..I love that one too!
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't pass on The Beard's last deal. Got a box full of Nub's yesterday that I'm dying to try.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dig the nubs. I also like those Gordo seconds. Don't know if they are actual nubs or not but they are good smokes. IMO
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    I'm looking forward to trying some of the nub caf