Home General Discussion
Options

Cedarwood Oil...

WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
Anyone use it? for what?

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Lampe Berger that I had cedar oil in... made the office smell like a humidor. Kinda
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use to mix it with other oils and put it an oil lamp to chase bugs away.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Anyone use it? for what?
    lube
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    WaltBasil:
    Anyone use it? for what?
    lube
    to shine your dome?
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    MorganGeo:
    WaltBasil:
    Anyone use it? for what?
    lube
    to shine your dome?
    bwahaha... Which one?
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Anyone use it? for what?
    Sometimes in NA ceremony feathers or wing fans are used. The feathers and fans are kept in boxes that have been treated with cedar oil to keep the bugs at bey.
  • Options
    OK... so a general consensus is that this ISN'T used in our hobby of smoking fine cigars. I never thought it was, but just making sure.

Back story: I started smoking cigars... 2-3 years ago. When I first started smoking them, I ran into this guy who was giving it up. He seemed pretty hard core into it. When he found out I was just starting, he gave me all his stuff. 3 humidors, stocked, plus large ziplock bags full. He seemed to appreciate the larger ringed ones. Amongst all the perephenalia he turned over to me was a bottle of cedarwood oil. I didn't understand it myself at the time and over the years I gave the humidor boxes away, the smokes have been long gone, and I assumed the meaning of the oil would make itself apparent. It never did. Time went on. I forgot about it. I'm thinking he applied a coat to the inside of his humidors. Would explain the aroma that eminated from them. I threw a bunch of his cigars away because they wreaked of that oil smell and I wouldn't smoke them like that.

Fast forward to a couple days ago, I ran across that bottle of oil. And I still thought, what does this have to do with cigars? Maybe I was missing out on something. So I posed the question in this thread.