Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Special trade with Rodger

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
Rodger made me an offer, albeit not truly a fair one: his own handmade bowl for one of my birdhouses. I was a bit shocked by this but it was something I knew would be special. So, he not sent not only the bowl but a book written about his experiences in Vietnam, a great bunch of cigars, a Nubber and a cool card. The note was especially nice too! Thanks Rodger for being a great member of this forum!!
Clover thanks you for the ball too!!

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome! An author and a woodworker! Impressive. Is the book available for purchase in hardcopy or Kindle? Would love to read it.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice bowl!! Where did you find the tree hemroid lol but damn nice!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing and very personal hit. Good form Rodger!

By the way, I'm about a third of the way through that book. It's very cool to get a glimpse into Rodger's past. Also a very good read!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    That's awesome! An author and a woodworker! Impressive. Is the book available for purchase in hardcopy or Kindle? Would love to read it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Stained-Mud-Khe-Sanh-1966-1967/dp/0786472154/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410577473&sr=1-4&keywords=rodger+jacobs
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy buckets! Very nice hit to amazing guy. Thanks for being a part of the forum Roger!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Puff_Dougie:
    http://www.amazon.com/Stained-Mud-Khe-Sanh-1966-1967/dp/0786472154/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410577473&sr=1-4&keywords=rodger+jacobs
    Cool! Thanks Tony!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah shucks guys. I got a really nice upscale birdhouse and Shizz slipped in a bomb of sticks I have been wanting to try. Good trade on this end too. image image
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing all around. Good work by both gentleman!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Very Eloquent hit very nice!!!! :)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    We have very good brothers in this place
    One God, One Truth
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    great work ! And well done gents !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    We have very good brothers in this place
    I'm with you on that one. That's what drew me here in the first place.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC