Home General Discussion
Options

Traveler

So being in the Navy I have traveled. First thing I look up is where the Cigar bars/shops/lounges are. Sometimes it comes easy sometimes it is such a pain. So I thought a traveler’s guide would be pretty cool. And not just for other countries, for those states we all know and love. So if you’ve been to a place or know a place add it on. So for all those who have to travel around or are on vacation. Or if you know of a good way to travel with cigars/lighters/cutters add what you may know. South Korea. For South Korea I have only really been to Busan (Pusan). Surprisingly there is no cigar shop/lounge/bar anymore there, though almost every one of the major hotels there does sell them. The place to go to find the bars and lounges is in Seoul. Hong Kong: For the Cigar shop/lounges I have been to here they are owned by Pacific Cigar and they have several shops in Hong Kong. They have a website also Pacificcigar.com with the exact locations. Philippines: Well I have been to Manila 2 times soon to be 3 times. For here I have never really been on a cigar hunt, because I have usually had my own stash with me. But is there is a great bar you want to go to with a GREAT beer selection it is the Hobbit House. It is a bar where the whole staff are midgets, they used to have a Velcro suit and you could throw them onto a Velcro board but they got rid of that, and you can smoke your stogie there. Japan: ‘le connoisseur’ in Ginza. You may have seen me mention it before but it is just an awesome dark wood style bar. They have a huge selection of whiskeys which they also keep some in barrels. For their cigar selection have a beautiful walk-in humidor filled with cigars from all over. Right down the street is a Hooter’s which I am sure most of you are like “really an asian Hooter’s?” Trust me it is worth it. ‘Mizumachi Bar’ in Yokohama. This was the first cigar bar I found and went to in the area I live in. It is a nice bar with a great happy hour which is 1700 to around 2000 if I remember correctly. They have an entire menu which everything costs only 5 dollars. For their selection they don’t have as big of a selection as the other bar but they have a nice assortment of Cubans. Singapore: Only place I’ve been and it was awesome it was at the base of Orchard Hotel. Which is so greatly located next to a Black Angus, Hard Rock Café, and the Orchard Towers which is your single have fun, and be careful for the ladyboys. Thailand: For Thailand I have been to Pattaya 3 times. And there are no rules there. You want to smoke? Go ahead smoke. There are some shops there with nice walk in humidors.

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a pretty good idea. However I have not been out of the country to add anything to your list. Only places I know are in St. Louis. Gran Cru (BYOB) in Soulard. The Ritz in Clayton. There is a shop on the hill but not sure of the name. Everything Wine and Cigars in Ofallon (my local. Great whiskey/ scotch / craft beer selection) mo. Aiello's (formerly tinderbox) in Cottleville (great smoke selection crappy bar)

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!