Home Non Cigar Related
Options

HEMA - Historical European Martial Arts

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone participate in this? Im working on getting a sparring Longsword and can't wait to spar! :)
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    I really want to get in to this. I've done historical military training in numerous forms but, this would be a ton of fun.
  • Options
    I watched several videos recently on the tournaments held for HEMA and it is amazing! Some of the moves people use a their bodily habits in their spars are all completely different. It's cool seein all the fighting styles used in their matches.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Would love to get into this, but there were no HEMA groups that I could find back in MS and all the HEMA groups here in Canada are either in the west coast or in Ottawa (too far away, but same province).
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Anyone participate in this? Im working on getting a sparring Longsword and can't wait to spar! :)
    Get yourself a mace and you can participate in hematoma.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bwahahaha
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an archer, can i bring my longbow?
  • Options
    Bad_MonkeyBad_Monkey Posts: 110
    Yup, been fighting various western marshal arts since '85.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Monkey:
    Lurker! There he is! Get him! He's been here since July 2nd and no posts. Only one post now about some nerdy play fighting ****! He's a big time lurker. LOL Kust Kidding :) Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tae Kwon Do for 10 years. Boxing for 5 years. Heavy sword for 3 years. But I carry a 45 because I am old and lazy..
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    Tae Kwon Do for 10 years. Boxing for 5 years. Heavy sword for 3 years. But I carry a 45 because I am old and lazy..
    I thought I saw you bein' lazy that time. Yep, Here you are bein' lazy JD.

• Options
    Bad_MonkeyBad_Monkey Posts: 110
    Bob Luken:
    Bad Monkey:

Lurker! There he is! Get him! He's been here since July 2nd and no posts. Only one post now about some nerdy play fighting ****! He's a big time lurker. LOL Kust Kidding :) Welcome to the forum.

well, crap. though I had posted here before.

Nerdy play fighting? here's a link from an event a few of us went to in russia a few years ago. Russians+batshit crazy as a general rule.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDdTB1GzHJw
    and I knew you was jokin, just gotta give a little out too...

oh yeah, forgot to say that's me whackin' Boris coming over the wall @ 2:37. good times
  • Options
    I am honored that he came out of hiding on one of my posts!!!! :) lol

Anywho. Yeah I think I'm gonna take this up along with my Scottish heavy events after I get in shape.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Hung Ga Kung Fu for 7 years, Krav Maga for 6 months but I can't carry my .45 because I live in NJ.

Damn free staters

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    jd50ae:

What all did the heavy sword entail?
  • Options
    Bad Monkey:
    Bob Luken:
    Bad Monkey:
    well, crap. though I had posted here before. Nerdy play fighting? here's a link from an event a few of us went to in russia a few years ago. Russians+batshit crazy as a general rule. and I knew you was jokin, just gotta give a little out too... oh yeah, forgot to say that's me whackin' Boris coming over the wall @ 2:37. good times
    That's some crazy **** man! Looks like fun. Still nerdy though. LOL
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How cool is that? Wow!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    So just signed up on the HEMA forum, I'm looking actively for a group here in the Lehigh Valley!
  • Options
    That is awesome!!!! What's the forum? Wouldn't mind trying to find something in oregon. :)
  • Options
    Sweet! I will check that out when I get home tonight. :)