Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things you can count on.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now that jgibv has me in a smashing good mood.

What good things do you count on in your daily routine? Of course kids noises are always good. Good coffee and a good cigar (actually dependent on them) I really look forward to.

But the one big thing is when I wake up there are always 3 to 5 dogs sitting on my bed wagging their tails waiting for me to get up. They wait patiently for me to wash up, use the bathroom (while they use the outside facility's) and fill their water and food bowls and then they line up for a good healthy petting. They won't take a treat until that has been done and that just amazes me.

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    But the one big thing is when I wake up there are always 3 to 5 dogs sitting on my bed wagging their tails waiting for me to get up.
    Yes.
    This right here. Only 1 dog at our place but she is always excited to see me (and my wife) and expects a good petting and a biscuit or two in the mornings. She usually does her routine and gets a couple biscuits from me, then repeats it with my wife and gets more from her. The dog has us trained well. LOL

But what always gets me is when I get home from work.....she is always extremely happy to see me, if I had a bad day at the office that all goes out the window as soon as I walk in the door and hear her thumping tail. Gotta get a good petting, a biscuit, then outside to do a lap or two around the yard. Then back in and she will sit patiently and listen intently for my wife to get home.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    What good things do you count on in your daily routine?
    Monday thru Friday mornings I climb off my murdersickle at work excited. Monday thru Friday evenings I climb off my murdersickle at home refreshed. Tuesdays and Thursdays early I climb off at the yoga studio excited and throw my leg back over an hour and a half later enjoying visions of yoga pants. Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoons I get a nice long ride to the Y for handball, and another one back. That just leaves Saturdays. Don't worry -- I can always find some lame excuse for a murdersickle errand or two on a Saturday. In between, I go out in the garage most every evening to smoke a cigar and admire my bikes.

Two wheels every day. Rain, sleet, or shine.
    It's not just a commute; it's an adventure.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady our Border Collie mix waits till i eat breakfast and then she sits in front of me and stares me right in the face till I take her for a walk in our woods. The walk takes about fifteen minutes, out on a ridge, down to a spring hollow and up a path i cut this spring. Lady then gets her breakfast. Those Border Collies are hard assed dogs with their evil eye. I get cut no slack.