Home General Discussion

Cedar Aroma?

When someone says cedar aroma, is that the sweet smell that a maduro cigar gives off. Some more then others. It doesnt linger long. But the sweetess is intoxicating. If, that is the so called cedar aroma?

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a big review guy for taste and smell, but the Cedar Aroma to me is when you walk into a humidor or open a cooler. You get that cedar and tobacco smell that they should make into a cologne.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Not a big review guy for taste and smell, but the Cedar Aroma to me is when you walk into a humidor or open a cooler. You get that cedar and tobacco smell that they should make into a cologne.
    i can see it now:

Drakkar's Ode De BOTL - the manly scent when you just want to smell like wood and dried leaves
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who doesn't love the smell of a good walk in humidor? We should go to Shark Tank. Mark Cuban will run with this.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    rsherman24:
    i can see it now:

Drakkar's Ode De BOTL - the manly scent when you just want to smell like wood and dried leaves
    Essence of cigar smoke and gunpowder. Id buy that!!!
    One God, One Truth
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    christian1971:
    When someone says cedar aroma, is that the sweet smell that a maduro cigar gives off. Some more then others. It doesnt linger long. But the sweetess is intoxicating. If, that is the so called cedar aroma?
    that sweet smell you are smelling in the Maduro cigars is actually sugar.
    well... sugars. the fermentation process brings out complex sugars within the leaf creating a sweeter experience.
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    rsherman24:
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille - $525 for 250ml.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin.