Home General Discussion
Options

When a great deal steals your cigar funds...

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Man I really hate when an amazing deal on something non cigar related pops up and consumes all your cigar money you were saving. Just one of those deals you know is too good to pass up and you will never see another such deal. Such a tough decision to make but I reluctantly say I made a wise choice. Picked this up today cheap and I threw in a pic of my current build that I need to finish since all parts are in. Feel free to post up your deals that stole from your cigar funds. Not talking about family things or emergencies.

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New furniture for the grand kids.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    New Browning Maxus, but I love it!
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    U put your bow in a safe?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Convert it into a Safeador.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    variant2:

Ibe always thought that would be awesome. Literally a cigar vault!! Have your buddies come over... "hey want a cigar?" .... Sure! "Ok let me open up the humidor... *cuckah opens safe door*" ... your buddy: "Dude holy s**t!"
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its awesome!! What kinda upper you putting together?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    U put your bow in a safe?
    No. My brother in law is getting divorced and moved this to our garage. I told him if he hit hard times and needed to sell anything to let us know first. Well he needed to sell the safe and it is 630 pounds so we got a deal on it. Plus it is practically brand new. The bow is his and he has a couple mags and a small handgun in there with 2 long rifles. Just keeping them for him until he gets situated and since there is no case for the bow it is in there so my kids can't mess with it. Our bows are in hard cases.

I rarely let anything dip into cigar funds but there are many temptations that come along.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Killer safe! Make room for the humi..no one will ever get them in there!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Nice, I got myself a safe about that same size after my house was robbed. I put my sax in there along with anything else of value including my Gurkha HMRs when I had them. I was supposed to buy a new King mattress but then I got robbed and the safe became the priority.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    variant2:

ha ha ha ha ha
  • Options
    Stubble:
    Its awesome!! What kinda upper you putting together?
    This is Spike's Tactical upper and lower with LBE Unlimited bolt carrier group, LBE buffer tube assembly, LBE 16" barrel, KNS anti-rotation pins, Spike's winter trigger guard, Battle Arms Development Bad Ass Lever ambidextrous safety, Extended takedown pins, Mission First Tactical Minimalist stock, MFT Engage pistol grip, MFT React short grip, Troy Industries Alpha Rail, and Troy Industries Medieval muzzle brake. Lower parts kit was frankensteined from left over parts with a Double Star trigger I believe. I would love to spend more and upgrade more but like a drop in trigger. I may end up getting a Spike's Heavy Buffer but it depends on how the LBE buffer is when I shoot it. I have a Troy Medieval muzzle brake on my other rifle and love it. I wanted to do something different but for the price this muzzle brake is excellent. Very little muzzle rise and you can stay on target easy for multiple shots.
  • Options
    Sounds sweet!! Have you ever tried an ALG Defense QMS (Quality Mil-Spec Trigger)? I have a couple of them installed and they are relatively inexpensive @ $45. IMHO they're not a crisp as the Rock River NM trigger, but at half the price they are decent. I have not explored the high dollar drop-in's...I'm kinda afraid that I'd like them too much. PSA (Palmetto) has some H and H2 buffers @ $23 and $28 respectively.

Sounds like it's gonna be a nice carbine!!
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    Sounds sweet!! Have you ever tried an ALG Defense QMS (Quality Mil-Spec Trigger)? I have a couple of them installed and they are relatively inexpensive @ $45. IMHO they're not a crisp as the Rock River NM trigger, but at half the price they are decent. I have not explored the high dollar drop-in's...I'm kinda afraid that I'd like them too much. PSA (Palmetto) has some H and H2 buffers @ $23 and $28 respectively.

Be very afraid if you ever try a Geissele SSA or SSA-e trigger. Your wallet will magically become thinner and your grin wider.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Stubble:

No haven't tried anything other then my Spike's Nickel Boron which is nice. Everyone swears by drops ins even thought they can get pricey. I want a skeletonized one. PSA is a good site. I just want to finish the build and then maybe upgrade and when I do I will have extra parts for a new build.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Pretty sweet build and safe. I work with a guy related to the owner of Spike's but haven't gotten any deals out of him yet lol
  • Options
    Forgot to mention that I've paired my QMS triggers with JP Enterprises reduced power springs...
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    Pretty sweet build and safe. I work with a guy related to the owner of Spike's but haven't gotten any deals out of him yet lol
    You get some deals pass them on brother!
  • Options
    Stubble:
    Forgot to mention that I've paired my QMS triggers with JP Enterprises reduced power springs...
    I may look into upgrades when it is done. I use anti rotation pins on all of mine. I like the look it adds as well. Need to pick up some extra firing pins and a few springs and detents.
  • Options
    I've used Citizen's Armory many times in the past for my small parts needs...but it seems that they are having trouble keeping things in stock lately.