Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Greatest Sports Speech Ever Made.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That kid is awesome. (The word awesome is so overused but,.......saying he's great, doesn't seem good enough.)
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    That kid is awesome. (The word awesome is so overused but,.......saying he's great, doesn't seem good enough.)

It is most assuredly awesome. I am going to make my grand kids watch it, it is so awesome. In fact it is so awesomely awesome I am going to cut and paste a link to my desk top. It is that awesome. And I agree, awesome is used way too much.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was a college coach, this kid gets a scholarship offer today. No game film necessary.
  • Options
    jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I like Greg's comment " this kid will never have a problem in life that he cant overcome" (or something like that)
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's give a trophy to everyone who participated.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Yeah, I guess if we keep heaping praise on one young man for being exceptional,......it would make the other kids feel like they're not as exceptional? Right? Is that why we lie by giving all the kids a trophy? Guess what all you other kids? You aren't as good as this kid. He's demonstrated an exceptional attitude. Trophies are for winners kids. Sorry we ruined that concept for you over the past oh, 3 or 4 decades but the truth is in the definition of the word. tro·phy noun 'tro-fe : an object (such as a large cup or sculpture) that is given as a prize for WINNING a competition. Not just for showing up. Not even for doing you best and giving it everything you had. But this kid,..... he's gonna be better at almost anything, than almost anybody.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    webmost:
    Yeah, I guess if we keep heaping praise on one young man for being exceptional,......it would make the other kids feel like they're not as exceptional? Right? Is that why we lie by giving all the kids a trophy? Guess what all you other kids? You aren't as good as this kid. He's demonstrated an exceptional attitude. Trophies are for winners kids. Sorry we ruined that concept for you over the past oh, 3 or 4 decades but the truth is in the definition of the word. tro·phy noun 'tro-fe : an object (such as a large cup or sculpture) that is given as a prize for WINNING a competition. Not just for showing up. Not even for doing you best and giving it everything you had. But this kid,..... he's gonna be better at almost anything, than almost anybody.
    who's idea was that anyways? I never understood the lest give one to all idea...

Aj
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    who's idea was that anyways? I never understood the lest give one to all idea...

Aj
    Mommies
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Mommies

LXXXXXL feel good mommies.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    that kid gives me hope for the post millennial generation