Home Non Cigar Related

Navy stop messing with my emotions.

So I have been stationed in Japan on the USS George Washington for the past 4 1/2 years. I am ready to go back to the states. It was nice here, but it isn't home. So i have been talking to my detailer about going somewhere else since my PRD is April. I am a Nuke and the enlisted side just don't have that many choices in shore commands, because of the rule that we can't be away from nuclear power for more then 3 years. Normal shore duty would be school where we teach our future nukes (which sucks), recruiting, or a maintenance type job. if your hot *** though you can go to the USS Constitution, camp david, or the RAM train (you guard radioactive crap). I am not that hot, so i decided to go recruiting. got the district i wanted which was dallas even got the area i wanted since my family lives near dallas now. i was so excited just to get told, nope your denied. then i get told there is a maintenance job in Norfolk, Virginia and i kinda just went "eh what ever" atleast i wont have to go back out to sea. This was all over the past like 7 days then i get another email saying "oh hey, btw they changed their minds you are going recruiting in Dallas". As happy as i was i also wanted to cry everytime i hear where they may want to send me i start looking at houses and such, its messing with my emotions...

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you and good luck.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Japans cool as hell though... I was stationed in Misawa.

That was the reason I got out. I got tired of the games.

I was an AT due for renlistment and I wanted to change rate to be a FC since I wanted to get into the standard missile program. I got told "sure no problem" and I was all set and ready to sign the paper when I got the message back they wouldnt do it, not a chance. So i left the navy.

Honestly im glad I did, that detachment was garbage anyways.

Aj
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, wherever you end up. Hope this is final.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to get your emotions trampled you could always ship over to the Marine Corps and become a grunt. Just kidding. Recruiting will be expensive as you will have to have all your uniforms tailored and be spit and polish.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck, shipmate. I kinda know how you feel. I enlisted as an AQ then Uncle Sam decided to do away with my rating in the middle of A School and make everyone AT's. Toward the end on school I received orders for an in-flight tech position in a P3 squadron out of Rota. After going through jump training, I received an order mod for a bench spot with VFA-125 at NAS LeMoore. A week later the first deployment was offered again. I told them to screw themselves and ended up in Cali. I may have just been hired help, but don't jerr me around like a puppet...