Home Non Cigar Related

Navy stop messing with my emotions.

So I have been stationed in Japan on the USS George Washington for the past 4 1/2 years. I am ready to go back to the states. It was nice here, but it isn't home. So i have been talking to my detailer about going somewhere else since my PRD is April. I am a Nuke and the enlisted side just don't have that many choices in shore commands, because of the rule that we can't be away from nuclear power for more then 3 years. Normal shore duty would be school where we teach our future nukes (which sucks), recruiting, or a maintenance type job. if your hot *** though you can go to the USS Constitution, camp david, or the RAM train (you guard radioactive crap). I am not that hot, so i decided to go recruiting. got the district i wanted which was dallas even got the area i wanted since my family lives near dallas now. i was so excited just to get told, nope your denied. then i get told there is a maintenance job in Norfolk, Virginia and i kinda just went "eh what ever" atleast i wont have to go back out to sea. This was all over the past like 7 days then i get another email saying "oh hey, btw they changed their minds you are going recruiting in Dallas". As happy as i was i also wanted to cry everytime i hear where they may want to send me i start looking at houses and such, its messing with my emotions...

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae West Gnawed Pencil, TNPosts: 7,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you and good luck.

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭
    Japans cool as hell though... I was stationed in Misawa.

That was the reason I got out. I got tired of the games.

I was an AT due for renlistment and I wanted to change rate to be a FC since I wanted to get into the standard missile program. I got told "sure no problem" and I was all set and ready to sign the paper when I got the message back they wouldnt do it, not a chance. So i left the navy.

Honestly im glad I did, that detachment was garbage anyways.

Aj
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis South DakotaPosts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, wherever you end up. Hope this is final.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior N.C. MountainsPosts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to get your emotions trampled you could always ship over to the Marine Corps and become a grunt. Just kidding. Recruiting will be expensive as you will have to have all your uniforms tailored and be spit and polish.
    The Native Peoples of the Americas gave tobacco to the world.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck, shipmate. I kinda know how you feel. I enlisted as an AQ then Uncle Sam decided to do away with my rating in the middle of A School and make everyone AT's. Toward the end on school I received orders for an in-flight tech position in a P3 squadron out of Rota. After going through jump training, I received an order mod for a bench spot with VFA-125 at NAS LeMoore. A week later the first deployment was offered again. I told them to screw themselves and ended up in Cali. I may have just been hired help, but don't jerr me around like a puppet...