Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

New guy here...question

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and wouldn't mind getting involved in some trades and bombs but my question is this...what's the best way to send sticks so that they don't get ruined?

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most common technique is to put them in a zip lock bag with a water pillow (optional), then pack them in a small flat rate box from USPS.

Check out the Newbie Trading Thread and ask for someone to sponsor you on your first trade.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Or have your mage throw it in a bag of holding and use a Wish spell to teleport it with a Paladin guard.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome D, first off its best to set up a newb trade in the Newbie Trading thread and get on the Good Traders List. But when sending cigars most send them with the flat rate boxes of whatever size works for what they are sending. Put em in a ziplock bag with a small Boveda pack or Humi-pillow then add the cigars and close up the bag. Wrap the bag in packing material such as bubble wrap, newspaper etc and put it inside the flat rate box or equivalent and ship em off ;) Best of luck.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'm familiar with the boveda packs but not the humi-pillow. Appreciate the advice
  • Options
    I'll trade with you. PM your address
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Are you gonna use that "wish spell" thingy? I want to see how that works!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    As a monk I lack spells. :(
  • Options
    Rain:
    PM sent
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, I don't think Boveda or humi paks are necessary. You really aren't sending them that far that they will lose that much humidity that it needs to be replaced. Depending on where you are sending and the season humi paks can do more damage than good. I have received cigars in the summer here that someone sent with a fully "loaded" humi pak and due to the heat it exploded all over the cigars. I have received cigars that came from quite a distance and we 'out of humidity conditions' for almost a month and they arrived in perfect conditions. Knowing these cigars were stored at a lower humidity after I tested them they were at 58%, I normally run 60% - 62% so they were not underhumified, for my tastes. Again, this is just my 2 cents.

I guess if you are trading with someone you can always ask them if they want a humidity media in the package or not.
  • Options
    Good to know, so are you saying just a Ziploc bag?
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ziplock and bubble wrap is all I use.

However, when in doubt, just ask who you are sending to and see if they want humidification or not, that way you are always covered.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Ziplock and bubble wrap is all I use.

However, when in doubt, just ask who you are sending to and see if they want humidification or not, that way you are always covered.
    ^^this.
    I put them in ziplock baggie(s) and then take plastic bags from the grocery stores and use them as packing material.
    They make a 5 finger baggie for cigars and they work great.
    If you are sending USPS, then it's only 3 or 4 days, so like Todd said, it shouldn't need it.
    Now if you are sending UPS or somewhere far or very warm, I like to use the humi packs.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.