Home Non Cigar Related

Mr tingles at it again...

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
MSNBC’s Matthews: Is Secret Service ‘Laying Down On The Job Because They Don’t Like’ Obama?

Tom Tillison, Biz Pac Review

With lapses in security to protect President Barack Obama in the headlines, it was only a matter of time before someone posited that the Secret Service may be “laying down on the job” because of a dislike of the president.
It comes as no surprise that it happened on the pro-Obama network MSNBC.
“Hardball” host Chris Matthews cleverly introduced the idea that the Secret Service may want harm to befall the president by dismissing the possibility that the agency would want harm to befall the president.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bad part is that, if "harm befalls the president" just think about who that leaves us with. There's a whole gaggle of idiots in line below him.....
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making biden vp was a genius move.
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    The most brilliant life insurance plan of all time.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbohon:
    jd50ae:

And a big AMEN to that....
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    It is the peoples house after all. Read "In the Presidents Secret Service", quite interesting what they go through and what stupid things some presidents have done. Some of the Jimmy Carter stories are downright scary. Wonder if this crew would dive in front of a bullet meant for the President when needed, looking at how they handled this recent intrusion.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winston Churchill went through WWII with a single police officer as his bodyguard. Not in shifts, either -- just Henry Thompson, I think his name was, with a .32 revolver. Winnie only reluctantly agreed to even this minimum guard. Long as the people like me, I am as safe as any of us are, said he. And another time, something to the effect: If anyone hates me that much I deserve to go. But then, Winnie was an old cavalry chap. Liked to tour the front lines and hear bullets whistle. Would have chuckled if some yoot had ducked him swimming in Thames.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jbohon:
    jd50ae:

Actually, the third most brilliant life insurance plan. The first was George H.W. Bush's; the second was George W. Bush's.