Home Cigar 101

Sweet Jane question.

HarleybowHarleybow Posts: 13
Still learning as much as I can and have a question that might help me not make a mistake. I got some cigars called Sweet Jane and did a search on them here. Some of the comments have compared them to infused when the description states they are not infused. My question is should I store them separate? "Sweet Jane is hand rolled exclusively for the Deadwood Tobacco Company by the world famous Drew Estate Cigar Company in Estelli, Nicaragua. It’s a smooth mellow cigar enjoyed by both rough cut biker types, and lady cigar smokers. This annually celebrated Sturgis Rally cigar is a blend of exotic tobaccos from around the world. The wrapper is dark and supple, with an aroma similar to a pipe tobacco and a flavor that hints at mocha with a touch of earthiness. Sweet Jane is not a flavored or infused cigar. Sweet Jane is sized at 5x46 for your cigar smoking pleasure and is easy on the palate." http://www.deadwoodtobacco.com/sweetjane.html a link to them.

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, Welcome to the forum. I have not heard of these so I can't say for sure, it says not flavored or infused so it should be ok with the rest of your smokes. If it smells like tobacco your good, if it smells like perfume, incense, candy or flowers separate it.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    First, Welcome to the forum. I have not heard of these so I can't say for sure, it says not flavored or infused so it should be ok with the rest of your smokes. If it smells like tobacco your good, if it smells like perfume, incense, candy or flowers separate it.

+1 and welcome to the forum
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about checking out a couple of Deadwood Tobacco's items. Been on their page a couple times, but haven't been to Deadwood since I started smoking cigars. Have you had any of them before?
  • HarleybowHarleybow Posts: 13
    I had one about 3-4 years ago and liked it, knew nothing about smoking a cigar. Was there 3 days ago and got a box of Sweet Janes. Being new to cigars I enjoy them but don't know if anyone else will.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your inbox Harleybow
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    "Sweet Jane" was written by Lou Reed and first performed by The Velvet Underground. It first appeared on the Velvet's album "Loaded" in an edited form that didn't include a bridge before the last chorus. When the Velvets "Live in 1969" album was released, many listeners were confused at the inclusion of this bridge in the live version, and when the Loaded album was re-released in a special CD edition the bridge was restored. "Sweet Jane" has been covered by numerous bands ranging from Mott the Hoople to Gang of Four, and its trademark riff has been used in countless V-II-I chord progression has been used in numerous songs since, from the The Who's "Baba O'Riley" to The Car's "Just What I Needed" to Pat Benatar's "Hit Me with Your Best Shot." Many people believe that the best version of the song is the extended live glam-rock treatment on Reed's classic live album, "Rock and Roll Animal."

Does that answer your question about "Sweet Jane"? :)
  • HarleybowHarleybow Posts: 13
    Im really new to cigars and have tons to learn. Have smoked a Opuis X and a Jericho Hill, just names I learned the past week. But this is still my fav. Smoke what you like.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I've always said if I wrote a movie, the first scene would feature this exact song. The 'Loaded' version.

Also, if you like mild value cigars you can't go wrong with 5 vegas gold and San Lotano Connecticut.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico